Obama compares oil spill to 911

He's the new mad austrian corporal.

get my coat, phone me a taxi.

Substantial, though still unclear ecological damage caused by possible negligence on BP's behalf is equal to the deliberate, premeditated mass murder of almost 3,000 people. FFS roll on 2014.

Reports that after the telephone conversation with Dave over the weekend he [Obama] had agreed to tone down the rhetoric.

Assume he was going to compare it to the holocaust then...When will Dave wake up and smell the aroma?

Not to mention one of the supposed reasons for a pre emptive strike on Iraq & the war in Afghanistan, should we be worried?

DC

FFS read the damn article. It was an analogy. This is what he said:

In the same way that our view of our vulnerabilities and our foreign policy was shaped profoundly by 9/11, I think this disaster is going to shape how we think about the environment and energy for many years to come," he said in the Politico interview.

British Petroleum now added to the axis of evil. David Bin-Cameron the new spiritual leader of the axis and being tracked by US UAVs as we speak.

You spoilsport Virgil. We nearly got the bus out!

Virgil said:

In the same way that our view of our vulnerabilities and our foreign policy was shaped profoundly by 9/11, I think this disaster is going to shape how we think about the environment and energy for many years to come," he said in the Politico interview.
Does this mean that Barry will get a Prius as a Presidential Limo,and use Airforce One less then before?

Will your average American walk to the shops,or take a bus,instead of using the family gas-guzzler?

Or,dare I say it,eschew the Oil Rigs in the Gulf,and fill it with Wind Farms?

:lol: :lol:

Virgil said:

As an analogy its pretty crass and he'd of known it would rile people up. I doubt very much that the oil spill will lead to any policy changes as radical as 9/11 did.

DrunkenIrish said:
Virgil said:

As an analogy its pretty crass and he'd of known it would rile people up. I doubt very much that the oil spill will lead to any policy changes as radical as 9/11 did.
Oh Christ on an f'ing pony, are we that sensitive we can't make these kind of analogies. He wasn't comparing dead flamingos with dead human beings only a comparison of policy changes. Since it hasn't panned out it may yet lead to some substantial changes, or not.

RoofRat said:
Virgil said:

Does this mean that Barry will get a Prius as a Presidential Limo,and use Airforce One less then before?

Will your average American walk to the shops,or take a bus,instead of using the family gas-guzzler?

Guess you've never been to a Major American City, where most of the residents ride the subways, buses (which are Hydrogen powered)or walk, but hey dont let me interfere with your rubbing one out on your fantasies of the US, vs. Merry olde.

Small Penis syndrome, your the example of it :p :p

RoofRat said:
Virgil said:

Funny you said wind farms. Here's pic of one a mile out from my home town. They are everywhere out there. The pic doesn't even begin to show how huge they are.