Obama compares oil spill to 911

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dashing_Chap, Jun 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At least he hasn't compared it to the Holocaust. Yet.

2. He's the new mad austrian corporal.

get my coat, phone me a taxi.

3. cnut!

4. Or Bhopal!!!

5. Me or El Presidente?

6. nope!!! i just keep getting reminded

7. Substantial, though still unclear ecological damage caused by possible negligence on BP's behalf is equal to the deliberate, premeditated mass murder of almost 3,000 people. FFS roll on 2014.

8. Reports that after the telephone conversation with Dave over the weekend he [Obama] had agreed to tone down the rhetoric.

Assume he was going to compare it to the holocaust then...When will Dave wake up and smell the aroma?

9. What a prat.

10. Not to mention one of the supposed reasons for a pre emptive strike on Iraq & the war in Afghanistan, should we be worried?

DC

11. FFS read the damn article. It was an analogy. This is what he said:

In the same way that our view of our vulnerabilities and our foreign policy was shaped profoundly by 9/11, I think this disaster is going to shape how we think about the environment and energy for many years to come," he said in the Politico interview.

12. British Petroleum now added to the axis of evil. David Bin-Cameron the new spiritual leader of the axis and being tracked by US UAVs as we speak.

13. You spoilsport Virgil. We nearly got the bus out!

14. That's not what the headline said!

exit stage right