Obama. Am I the only one whos sick of hearing about the **?

DozyBint said:
KevinB said:
I believe you are wrong there. The office is bigger than any person, yes, but he or she who holds it can also be a symbol. In this case, it would severely damage race relations if he were to be assassinated.
Exactly - a symbol of what, however, is purely subjective. As for race relations, if he were to be assassinated, it's rather an assumption that reason would be linked to his race - his policies will probably bring him more enemies than the colour of his skin.
I worked on his campaign - for example - gave out flyers, went door to door, did phone bank calls etc. I can tell you that, sadly, many Americans are still very racist.

KevinB said:
DozyBint said:
KevinB said:
I believe you are wrong there. The office is bigger than any person, yes, but he or she who holds it can also be a symbol. In this case, it would severely damage race relations if he were to be assassinated.
Exactly - a symbol of what, however, is purely subjective. As for race relations, if he were to be assassinated, it's rather an assumption that reason would be linked to his race - his policies will probably bring him more enemies than the colour of his skin.
I worked on his campaign - for example - gave out flyers, went door to door, did phone bank calls etc. I can tell you that, sadly, many Americans are still very racist.
I wonder if he knows that someone with links to terrorism worked on his campaign.

Markintime said:
KevinB said:
DozyBint said:
KevinB said:
I wonder if he knows that someone with links to terrorism worked on his campaign.
Probably wouldn't bother him. If he can work with someone like Ayers he is hardly going to bat an eyelid at our resident shinner.

EX_STAB said:
So a descendant of voluntary immigrants has become US President. Just like every other US President.

When a Native American gets the post I'll start taking an interest...

Why people over here are wnaking over it as though they'd voted for him themselves is completely beyond me.
Too bloody right mate. Can't stand the jackass myself.

Murphy_Slaw said:
The worst thing about all this is i will never again hear Dubya say;

"I'm proud to be a Merkin"

A Merkin
Close, but it was an earlier Texan who was known for using the words a Merkin in his public addresses and that was Lyndon B. Johnson, he of the wide open plains of West Texas who began his speeches with: "My Fellow Merkins..." :lol:

American President?
F*ck me, I thought he was our new P.M.
Actually I feel sorry for the poor sod. He's going to have to entertain Gorgon Broon! :cyclopsani:

LEGZ30 said:
Markintime said:
KevinB said:
DozyBint said:
KevinB said:
Probably wouldn't bother him. If he can work with someone like Ayers he is hardly going to bat an eyelid at our resident shinner.
IIRC, Kennady was an IRA sympathiser... :roll:

It would not break my heart if Obama goes the same way as JFK. Obama is NOT the Messiah. He's just Blair with a suntan.

I reckon the Septics are going to find out the hard way what we already know: that all syle and no substance do not a great leader make. :twisted:

KevinB said:
devilish said:
KevinB said:
devilish said:
Whether you considered her your PM or not, she still was. Just like our Gordon, due to the way the system works, is our PM now. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it but I still accept it.
You misunderstand my meaning, devilish. As UK has no right to the north of Ireland, so Thatcher in no way ever could be our PM. But that is off topic.
By 'our' I assume you mean 1/4 of the population.

I think you will find that 3/4 of the population of 'norn 'iron would happily punch their 'right to be British' into your head.
As I said, off topic.
Briefly back on the "off topic" - Kev, you are one of these septics with no real understanding of the Ulster issue aren't you?
My passport reads "the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" i.e the UK is only the UK with the Inclusion of N.I.
I am aware of your politics and I'm not going to get into a sectarian pissing contest with you, but I've lost count of the amount of Irish Americans that have propounded "the cause" to me, only for it to turn out on closer inspection that they come from an Ulster Scot, lampeg drum bashing background. I would laugh if you're one of those.

Well dang! JHQ Rheindahlen is now to be known as Obama Barracks. Gutersloh Garrison will now be known as Obama Buttocks. Herford...Obamski Dyslexski. Hohne.....facking Hohne.

theblindking said:
KevinB said:
devilish said:
KevinB said:
devilish said:
Whether you considered her your PM or not, she still was. Just like our Gordon, due to the way the system works, is our PM now. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it but I still accept it.
You misunderstand my meaning, devilish. As UK has no right to the north of Ireland, so Thatcher in no way ever could be our PM. But that is off topic.

I think you will find that 3/4 of the population of 'norn 'iron would happily punch their 'right to be British' into your head.
As I said, off topic.
Briefly back on the "off topic" - Kev, you are one of these septics with no real understanding of the Ulster issue aren't you?
My passport reads "the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" i.e the UK is only the UK with the Inclusion of N.I.
I am aware of your politics and I'm not going to get into a sectarian pissing contest with you, but I've lost count of the amount of Irish Americans that have propounded "the cause" to me, only for it to turn out on closer inspection that they come from an Ulster Scot, lampeg drum bashing background. I would laugh if you're one of those.
Actually no, I am not a septic. I am a Catholic who was born and raised in Derry and have been in Sinn Féin for many years.

Most Americans are as thickas a whale omlett but it diddnt help with the Pres from the hood when that most respected Jurno - Geraldo a talk host and really bright man - Remember he was the one embedded with US troops and transmitted the battle plan live- hours befor the troops got to the startline.

His small gaff - President Obama, the first black president...

[marq=right]decended from slaves[/marq]

WTF? . His mum was white and his father was a Kenyan??

Whos ancestors probably sold the opposing tribe to the Arabs but it makes no odds.

How many SPAMS hearing that on prime time really believe it.

KevinB said:
Actually no, I am not a septic. I am a Catholic who was born and raised in Derry and have been in Sinn Féin for many years.
I hope you and your family all die in great pain, have a nice day.

.Sven said:
KevinB said:

.Sven said:
KevinB said:
And there I thought you were a left winger. :wink: But thanks for the kind thoughts.

KevinB said:
theblindking said:
KevinB said:
devilish said:
KevinB said:
devilish said:

As I said, off topic.
Then you must be as fukcing sick of walting septic republicans as me then..

KevinB said:
.Sven said:
KevinB said:
And there I thought you were a left winger. :wink: But thanks for the kind thoughts.
You know what .sven, i like the cut of your jib. straight and to the point. :)
Now KevinB please take his advice.