Obama. Am I the only one whos sick of hearing about the **?

The way the coverage is going , let's change our National Anthems from "God Save The Queen", "Advance Australia Fair"and "God Protect New Zealand " to the "America the Beautiful". The bloke still puts on his trousers one leg at a time.

KevinB said:
joey_deacons_lad said:
KevinB said:
...it would be a tragedy if something were to happen to him.
Maggie Thatcher was the duly elected Prime minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland but your lot tried to top her if an Iraqi did for Obama would you justify that in the same terms ?
I would never condone assassination, but we republicans never considered her our 'duly elected PM'.
Simply a matter of opinion then: it wouldn't be a tragedy for many people. The Office of President is bigger than any single person, so if he was assassinated by someone who didn't consider him to be their duly elected President or by someone who just wasn't a fan, it'd be business as usual when the Office was assumed by Biden.

KevinB said:
joey_deacons_lad said:
Im sick of hearing about the first half white president too but he ticks all the boxes for our liberal media so your stuck with him. And pray he doesnt get slotted it will be Diana all over again
Anything happens to Mr. Obama, it would be a tragedy for US - on the par of when they lost Lincoln and JFK. That spoilt tart dying in a car accident is nowhere in the same league.
spoilt tart now now thats not very nice is it? :twisted: :evil:

EX_STAB said:
So a descendant of voluntary immigrants has become US President. Just like every other US President.

When a Native American gets the post I'll start taking an interest...

Why people over here are wnaking over it as though they'd voted for him themselves is completely beyond me.
Because we're not used to electing our leaders.

DozyBint said:
KevinB said:
joey_deacons_lad said:
KevinB said:
Maggie Thatcher was the duly elected Prime minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland but your lot tried to top her if an Iraqi did for Obama would you justify that in the same terms ?
I would never condone assassination, but we republicans never considered her our 'duly elected PM'.
Simply a matter of opinion then: it wouldn't be a tragedy for many people. The Office of President is bigger than any single person, so if he was assassinated by someone who didn't consider him to be their duly elected President or by someone who just wasn't a fan, it'd be business as usual when the Office was assumed by Biden.
I believe you are wrong there. The office is bigger than any person, yes, but he or she who holds it can also be a symbol. In this case, it would severely damage race relations if he were to be assassinated.

KevinB said:
devilish said:
Whether you considered her your PM or not, she still was. Just like our Gordon, due to the way the system works, is our PM now. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it but I still accept it.
You misunderstand my meaning, devilish. As UK has no right to the north of Ireland, so Thatcher in no way ever could be our PM. But that is off topic.
By 'our' I assume you mean 1/4 of the population.

I think you will find that 3/4 of the population of 'norn 'iron would happily punch their 'right to be British' into your head.

Many of us over here are pretty pi$$ed at him already. We have all been pretty much promised that by 2pm we would all be millionaires, our houses would be paid for, healthcare is covered like the UK but with doctors and hospitals, etc. etc. etc. and, in checking our bank accounts, we're finding that the Anointed One has been telling porkie pies!!!!

devilish said:
KevinB said:
devilish said:
Whether you considered her your PM or not, she still was. Just like our Gordon, due to the way the system works, is our PM now. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it but I still accept it.
You misunderstand my meaning, devilish. As UK has no right to the north of Ireland, so Thatcher in no way ever could be our PM. But that is off topic.
By 'our' I assume you mean 1/4 of the population.

I think you will find that 3/4 of the population of 'norn 'iron would happily punch their 'right to be British' into your head.
As I said, off topic.

KevinB said:
DozyBint said:
KevinB said:
joey_deacons_lad said:
KevinB said:
I believe you are wrong there. The office is bigger than any person, yes, but he or she who holds it can also be a symbol. In this case, it would iseverely damage race relations f he were to be assassinated.
And here is me thinking race wasn't an issue and the black community voted for him en masse because of his policies of change change change

Airborne_Aircrew said:
Many of us over here are pretty pi$$ed at him already. We have all been pretty much promised that by 2pm we would all be millionaires, our houses would be paid for, healthcare is covered like the UK but with doctors and hospitals, etc. etc. etc. and, in checking our bank accounts, we're finding that the Anointed One has been telling porkie pies!!!!
Bugger, I was hoping he'd be able to stop the Brylcream from whining, never mind, another dream over!

joey_deacons_lad said:
KevinB said:
DozyBint said:
KevinB said:
joey_deacons_lad said:
KevinB said:
I believe you are wrong there. The office is bigger than any person, yes, but he or she who holds it can also be a symbol. In this case, it would iseverely damage race relations f he were to be assassinated.
And here is me thinking race wasn't an issue and the black community voted for him en masse because of his policies of change change change
he will be so insulated he wont be able to shag that scary looking Chelle belle

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I can't say I've been affected by any of the hype. Watch a bit of news about the disaster that is the economy; watch a bit of news about the ongoing ops in hot places, and turn the channel over whenever the short-lived hopeful appears. Did the same with Bush and it works a treat.

TBH, I've got more important things to do with my time, like picking clinkers out of me arrse hairs.

I find his middle name of "hussein" a little unsettling..just who's side is he really on.....??

joey_deacons_lad said:
KevinB said:
DozyBint said:
KevinB said:
joey_deacons_lad said:
KevinB said:
Of course it is an issue - race is still a prominent issue in US. Most black Americans never thought they would live to see the day when one of their own would hold the highest office in the land - and it makes them proud. Why should it not?

The worst thing about all this is i will never again hear Dubya say;

"I'm proud to be a Merkin"

A Merkin

devilish said:
Did anyone notice in his speech the subtle refrences to all the other speeches ever written for past Presidents?

You'd think he could have come up with something more original.

Anyway, I think he's the second coming, the bringer of light, The Peoples Judian Front......
Learning from his plagarising Vice President no doubt. If he starts using chunks out of Neil Kinnocks speeches we will know for sure.

KevinB said:
I believe you are wrong there. The office is bigger than any person, yes, but he or she who holds it can also be a symbol. In this case, it would severely damage race relations if he were to be assassinated.
Exactly - a symbol of what, however, is purely subjective. As for race relations, if he were to be assassinated, it's rather an assumption that reason would be linked to his race - his policies will probably bring him more enemies than the colour of his skin.

KevinB said:
joey_deacons_lad said:
KevinB said:
DozyBint said:
KevinB said:
joey_deacons_lad said:
KevinB said:
Of course it is an issue - race is still a prominent issue in US. Most black Americans never thought they would live to see the day when one of their own would hold the highest office in the land - and it makes them proud. Why should it not?
Good to see you're integrating into American society well - so much so that you've already lost your grasp of sarcasm. ;)

DozyBint said:
KevinB said:
Exactly - a symbol of what, however, is purely subjective. As for race relations, if he were to be assassinated, it's rather an assumption that reason would be linked to his race - his policies will probably bring him more enemies than the colour of his skin.
I worked on his campaign - for example - gave out flyers, went door to door, did phone bank calls etc. I can tell you that, sadly, many Americans are still very racist.