Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by nald, Sep 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know where i can find the full 'oath of allegiance' online? been trying but can only find snippets.
  2. no but its on my wall! i can type it out if you need it!
  3. Cheers mate, but i've just found it!
  4. "I [name] swear by almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the second, her heirs and successors and that I will, as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors, in person, crown and dignity against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals/air officers [depending on Service] and other officers set over me."

That the one?
  5. No it's " Sir i am 2482**** Sig (insert name) charged under section (insert offence) of the army act 1955 and awarded 28 days detention by the commanding officer (insert Unit), i have no requests or complaints, Sir.
  6. I seem to remember repeating the following oaths, on numerous occasions in the Troop OC's office:

"Sir, can I just say in mitigation, on the evening in question, I had been drinking."

"Sir, I can assure you that I have never been in Raouls and have no idea why my bell end is more be-barnacled than the hull of the Mary Rose"
  7. I did try the drinking one once, still got 28 days, even tried arguing that i was drunk and couldn't be held responsible, i reckon if i hadn't gone down that route i'd have got 14 :-( And always double bagged it at the Rose garden!
  8. Ah...I know this one.

In that he

At Belize City on an unknown date did contravene British Forces Belize Routine Order Number 0101 by frequenting the dance floor in Raoul's Rose Garden and making the beast with two backs with a young lady of negotiable virtue, an order which was known to him or which he might reasonably be expected to know.

Do I win ten pounds?
  9. I joined in '89, apologies to Falklands/Korea vets ;-)
  10. 2482 in 89 fooks sake I joined in 89 and got 2488, must have been a busy fekin year.
  11. Thats because of all the drink and drug fuelled shagging going on in the early 70's
  12. You get a days wages for swearing your Oath dont you? (im not talking about the jail time Oath)