oath

#2
I took mine on 15 Aug and my first day was 4 Sep. Some places make you take the oath when you turn up on day one.
 
#4
Your oath is normally completed at your ACIO/AFCO up to a month before you go to phase 1 training and will be booked by your careers advisor. You dont attest and sign your contract till the first day of training now at Phase 1.
 
#5
neilf49 said:
mine is on 14 dec and i dont start until 10 jan, but thats prob because of xmas
I go on the same date mate, I haven't heard when i'm doing my oath yet but my recruiter said i will get a letter through a week or so before to tell me when it is.
 
#6
Ive got my oath in 12 days and start phase 1 at pribright 6 days after.
 
#7
wannabe-rifleman said:
neilf49 said:
mine is on 14 dec and i dont start until 10 jan, but thats prob because of xmas
I go on the same date mate, I haven't heard when i'm doing my oath yet but my recruiter said i will get a letter through a week or so before to tell me when it is.
i dont think we can have it any earlier because of xmas, your start date is 10/01 too isnt it?
 
#8
Yes 10th Jan mate.
 
#9
The_IRON said:
Your oath is normally completed at your ACIO/AFCO up to a month before you go to phase 1 training and will be booked by your careers advisor. You dont attest and sign your contract till the first day of training now at Phase 1.
Arent the Oath of Allegiance and the attestation one and the same?
 
#10
Filbert Fox said:
The_IRON said:
Your oath is normally completed at your ACIO/AFCO up to a month before you go to phase 1 training and will be booked by your careers advisor. You dont attest and sign your contract till the first day of training now at Phase 1.
Arent the Oath of Allegiance and the attestation one and the same?
You used to say your OATH and sign your attestation paperwork(contract)at the ACIO two or three weeks before you started basic training. Now you do your Oath two or three weeks before Phase 1 but dont sign your attestation paperwork(contract) till your first day of basic training.
 
#11
The_IRON said:
Filbert Fox said:
The_IRON said:
Your oath is normally completed at your ACIO/AFCO up to a month before you go to phase 1 training and will be booked by your careers advisor. You dont attest and sign your contract till the first day of training now at Phase 1.
Arent the Oath of Allegiance and the attestation one and the same?
You used to say your OATH and sign your attestation paperwork(contract)at the ACIO two or three weeks before you started basic training. Now you do your Oath two or three weeks before Phase 1 but dont sign your attestation paperwork(contract) till your first day of basic training.
does anyone know why this is? curiosity again
 
#12
Filbert Fox said:
The_IRON said:
Your oath is normally completed at your ACIO/AFCO up to a month before you go to phase 1 training and will be booked by your careers advisor. You dont attest and sign your contract till the first day of training now at Phase 1.
Arent the Oath of Allegiance and the attestation one and the same?
Yes, the fact that the documentation is done later does not alter it.
 
#13
neilf49 said:
mine is on 14 dec and i dont start until 10 jan, but thats prob because of xmas
Again. I commence phase 1 on 10/01/2010 , however I've my Oath on 4th December. So it vaguely differs but you ordinarily have your oath prior to Basic.

Syn :)
 
#15
My Oath is on 6th January and I start ITC Catterick on 10th January.
 
#17
BadDay said:
Hello again guys.

Just wondering whether i would need a parent present for my oath as i am 17?

Thanks again

BD
I'm pretty sure you don't need one but some like to have them there.
 
#19
BadDay said:
Hello again guys.

Just wondering whether i would need a parent present for my oath as i am 17?

Thanks again

BD
I think its best for family to go with you on a personnel note but as long as your 486 Parental consent form is completed prior to your Oath then its up to you if they go with you.
 
#20
swore my oath on the 2nd of feb...dont know aboutyous but its the most nervous iv ever been lol. :D
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Multinational HQ 4
SKJOLD Military History and Militaria 15
beefer Army Reserve 18

Similar threads

Latest Threads