Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oath of Allegience to HM the Queen

fivetodo

War Hero
just_me said:
I guess January intakes don't do it at the Tower then?

This will depend on which office you are applying at in London, at my office i am planning on trying to book the Tower if i have enough people enlisting into the January intake from the office, if not then they will just enlist in the office.

tartanlad93

Old-Salt
Smiler_1985 said:
In terms of looking damn good aye lol.specially in the case of you. Going for guards aint ya from looks of the avatar. hehe im going for HCAV. Get 2 passing out parades ;)

Yep, guards for me :)

fivetodo

War Hero
In September all of them will be, as far as i know i am the only office considering using the Tower in January purely because it hasnt been talked about yet :D

And if i cannot book the Tower then i may think about using the Chelsea Pensioners for a bit of a media spin :D

It all depends on how many Juniors i have enlisting into the intake :)

MrMcNaul

Clanker
Does anyone know the words roughly for the oath if you put Atheist down as your religion. as i was told it would be worded differently.

Found this on the net...

I swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Others replace the words "swear by Almighty God" with "solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm".

ASKINQs

Clanker
fivetodo said:
In September all of them will be, as far as i know i am the only office considering using the Tower in January purely because it hasnt been talked about yet :D

And if i cannot book the Tower then i may think about using the Chelsea Pensioners for a bit of a media spin :D

It all depends on how many Juniors i have enlisting into the intake :)

fivetodo
Better make sure they dont mistake you for a resident mate :twisted:

Latest Threads