Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oath of Allegience to HM the Queen

JokerR said:
Didnt you get a regimental lilo?
They must have changed the way they do things now, i didnt get a pump with it though... bast*rds wouldnt blow it up for me either!

Typical! D1cked by the QM again. Quite why he thought I would need a thing called 'webbing' and a bayonet to go on holiday is beyond me. Hey ho, he seems like a trust worthy fellow though, so I'll just go along with his eccentricities :?

JokerR

Old-Salt
You never know when you might need to bayonet someone in the face...
And with the price of holiday insurance your better off just keeping all of your stuff on you... probably what the webbing is for

craigf1989

Old-Salt
so say theres like 8 of you's going in, 1 at a time reads it and you wait for every one to have done so...that correct?? orrr....

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
LukeyP said:
for your oath do you have to wear a suit, or can you just wear jeans and a smart polo top?

Have you been given any instructions? If not then its up to you and your personal pride.

fivetodo

War Hero
BuggerAll said:
Have you been given any instructions? If not then its up to you and your personal pride.

That is the best way of putting it, you can either treat it as one of the most important days in your life or you just treat it like another day as a civilian, start your career with the pride the Army are going to instill in you is my opinion :)

ASKINQs

Clanker
fivetodo said:
BuggerAll said:

That is the best way of putting it, you can either treat it as one of the most important days in your life or you just treat it like another day as a civilian, start your career with the pride the Army are going to instill in you is my opinion :)

Wear a Bloody suit!!!!!!!!! Its the biggest moment of your career

fivetodo

War Hero
ASKINQs said:
fivetodo said:
BuggerAll said:

Wear a Bloody suit!!!!!!!!! Its the biggest moment of your career

you got no essays or homework to do or something? :D

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
luke.s said:
got mine tomoz

Hopefully that will be the last time you will post anything in teen text speak.

LukeyP

Old-Salt
ok lads ill make an effort, just need to buy i new suit then, iam to big now for the trousers and shirt i wore at selection(this seems to be my growing year)

David2008

War Hero
craigf1989 said:
so say theres like 8 of you's going in, 1 at a time reads it and you wait for every one to have done so...that correct?? orrr....

No you all sit down in a room in an orderly fashion, usually parents behind the recruits, hold the bible and a projector is on the wall showing the words of the oath, then you all stand up and say it with everyone at the same time, park your arrse back down, wait for half an hour whilst the CO bores you with the usual debriefs you got at ADSC, take a turn to shake the commanding officers hand, get pictures taken with your recruiter and your parents, and then feck off and get totally wasted and sh4g the first mong you meet at the pub, cos she will be the last you have in a long time, the army at this point owns your ass :twisted:

fivetodo

War Hero
It differs from office to office, in ours we have a large plaque situated on the wall behind the attesting officer, it has the oath of allegiance on it and a picture of Her Majesty above it in plain view of everyone in the room (if you couldnt read it you should have gone to specsavers).

The oath ceremony is still a repeat after me affair specifically because an applicant may be dyslexic to a degree, it certainly shouldnt be just projected onto a wall where you have to read it, that is just bad practice and the Recruiting Officer should really know better :)

parabol

Old-Salt
It's a pretty big ceremony type thing then? I figured you'd pop in, read the oath, shake the Officers hand and be out. But parents come too, huh.

So the guys reading it at the same time as you, are they likely to be in your troop when you start training?

fivetodo

War Hero
parabol said:
It's a pretty big ceremony type thing then? I figured you'd pop in, read the oath, shake the Officers hand and be out. But parents come too, huh.

So the guys reading it at the same time as you, are they likely to be in your troop when you start training?

it is as big as you want to think of it, it is an important day for most even more so for parents, as for others who could be enlisting on the same day, it is possible that some of them could be going to the same place as you, but generally we tend to conduct an attestation around 14 days (where possible) before you are due at training so it is just as possible that you will never see them people again :)

Latest Threads