Oath of Allegiance

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Woody-NFFC, Jul 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, ermm I've passed selection and got my Army number etc, but got to go to careers office in August to swear the oath of allegiance, and says it'll take approxiamately two hours!

Is there something else you do after or something, becuase I doubt it's going to take 2 hours.

2. How do you know? Have you done one before??

Perhaps there will be about 25 of you to be enlisted, and one person to do the lot of you?

Perhaps you will sit down, and wait your turn, and if you're last in line you may be there for 2 hours?
  3. Remember to take the bottle of Scotch to give to the Sgt, or they won’t swear you in.
  4. If you can't get scotch try port, port is very well liked in the forces, they will even give you a short of port with your evening meal during training!

5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

After the oath you have to go through the basic initiation process, make sure you bring plenty of swarfega, a broom (preferably the hard bristled sort), a small rodent and your camera phone to capture the proud moment.
  6. You've spoilt the surprise now!!
  7. See how easy they get it now. I mean, camera phone WTF. We had to take an easel and oil paints if we wanted pictures.

8. If any members of the recruiting team are reading this thread, couldn't you make it a more poignant Attestation for all by invoking that proud tradition we all fondly remember as the "Ancient Ceremony of the Axe and Note".

Tears are trickling just remembering that time honoured tradition so rarely seen these days....
  9. From what I hear these days basic training has got so soft, I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be true. :D
  10. Mitchthebar

It's Babycham Tops I heard...
  11. Served by waitresses in the luxury restaurant. :)
  12. You have to sing Good morning Mr. Stevens for browny points
  13. Apprently you have to wear a suit, why?
  14. So that you look smart.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. your swearing your oath of allegiance course you gotta wear a suit :D