Oath of Allegiance

Hi all,

Going to swear my Oath of Allegiance next week starting basic on 7th July at Pribright (very excited! :D ).

Just out of interest what does the Oath entail. is it just going down there for 20 minutes, swearing the Oath and dissapearing or is it more than that?

Cheers.
DJ

You will go through your contract with your recruiter to ensure all the details are correct also that the dates are explained to you , ie, the earliest you can leave or the longest you can serve. You will be given all the relevent joining instructions and travel details you require. Then you will take your oath..... depending on how proud you are will depend on how this moment will be for you......its a big step!!

Then once done you will be told to feck off and get an haircut you orrible little individual............

Enjoy the day fella, i remember mine very clearly from 21 years ago.....

charliecharlieone said:
You will go through your contract with your recruiter to ensure all the details are correct also that the dates are explained to you , ie, the earliest you can leave or the longest you can serve. You will be given all the relevent joining instructions and travel details you require. Then you will take your oath..... depending on how proud you are will depend on how this moment will be for you......its a big step!!

Then once done you will be told to feck off and get an haircut you orrible little individual............

Enjoy the day fella, i remember mine very clearly from 21 years ago.....
30 years in August it does stay with you for while good luck

Personal standards apply
But turn up in your usual trackie and ''box-fresh'' trainers and its highly unlikely you will remember it for the right reasons

Shirt, tie and trousers. No fecking trainers and be proud.

You get taken into a room, maybe 3 or 4 other lads doing it at the same time. Also, you may get a certificate of commitment from your chosen regt/corps.