Oath Of Allegiance

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Chris1994, Aug 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey im just wondering what the oath of allegiance (christian) is exactly ?
    got to do my oath in a few days just though it be helpful to get used to saying it so i dont c*ck up midsentence

iv tried gooling for it but i can't tell if its the one fore the british army or if its the right one
    and searching for previuos threads on it

thanks

side note: i actually put myself down as atheist but my recruiter rang me and asked me to do the christian version because it makes everything easyer... good job i don't give a feck about religion ay...

2. No need its held up infront of you about two ft away !!

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Where it says mentions the Almighty God, insert 'Pastafarian'. Job jobbed and meatballs for tea.

• Like Like x 1
  4. "I (your name here) swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors in Person, Crown and Dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors and of the Generals and Officers set over me."

5. Yes putting Athiest down is great for the lads...especially when your in your unit as your Sgt will appreciate the fact you will do all Christmas Duties seeing your not a Religious person allowing all the rest of the lads to go on leave.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dont forget Easter :) The lord bless those Athiests and Jedis' :) Stag on!!

7. What a load of balls nobody would ever be dicked for xmass duties just because they aren't christian. If there aren't enough "volunteers" for duties then picking someone purely on the basis of their faith would immediately leave you open to a discrimination case. We all get the same amount of leave and are entitled to take it for whatever reason we want to regardless if it is a religious holiday or not.

8. I do believe you were reeled in there. :nod:

Oh! Mind your head, here comes the keep-net.

9. You tit. Tit Tit Tit (that's not extra abuse, just to make up more than ten characters).

Oh and while I'm at it, to the OP, I got my Oath on a card to read out then sign, it's now on my office wall 30 years later.

10. Same as (only not as long ago), also seem to remember reciting after the recruiting officer had read out a few words at a time (similar to marriage vows).

11. Gulp, I really hope I'm not married to my recruiting sergeant.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I remember being handed a piece of paper by a Medic, with 2 others on a Tuesday Drill night, after a cough and drop that I didn't need to either cough or drop (Was looking forward to having my balls held by Fit Medic) but I digress. I started reading and realised it was The Oath, all these images that I had of a posh ceremony were quickly dispelled, bit like our Plt Sgt having his LS medal tossed over to him and told "There you go ******!".

13. Jesus Christ, thank **** I never had to do the Oath with my pants down as well as wedding vows.

14. Are you suggesting that the average squady can read?

15. Well with either you end up bent over and taking a crippler!:)

• Like Like x 1