Oakley SI Boots - Warning

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by bomb-int, Aug 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many of our clients have been experiencing major issues with Oakley SI boots - i.e. the sole units melting or the stitching coming away.

If you have brought any Oakley boots from us; please return them to us for a full refund. We do not believe that they are fit for propose.

Intelligent Armour Limited will be withdrawing all Oakley SI Boots from sale as of this week.

Intelligent Armour Limited
  2. Why would anyone buy boots from a company that makes specticles..???

Since my £300 Oakly persciption glasses are shite with the rubber ears pieces melting and the metal turning green, I would not touch Oakly stuff with a barge pole.
  3. Still the boots are gucci looking and more than suitable for running in.

Alex, I will take a pair of slightly battered size 10's in an effort to help reduce your recycling bill mucker.
  4. Well my Adidas footie boots and sunglasses seem to be OK. :)

As for Oakley stuff - depends where you are using the kit and what you're using it for.
  5. Mick, give me a call.

The boots are not suitable for operations; they sunglasses (Oakley SI range) are very good and good value. The gloves are ok if you want cheap gloves and if Oakley ever have stock!
  6. Try here Oakley will do a dicount for forces
  7. Alex,
    PM sent.
  8. I've found the gloves quite weak. A lot of guys at work use them to save knuckles getting smashed whilst acting as a nice lightweight glove that fits very snug around the hand and is pretty tough, initially. A week of abuse though, and the stitching starts to cop out and they fall apart. Actually had far more luck with £2-a-pair grab n grip gloves!

Seems that Oakley have done what many do and built up an excellent brand name once upon a time and now reduced standards knowing it won't affect sales because their stuff is cool and mainly worn for fashion anyway.
  9. Meh, the 'ear socks' and nose pieces on my Oakley M Frames have gone what I can best describe as gooey and the coatings on 2 of 3 of my lens sets have peeled/flaked.
  10. mattyw

mattyw Old-Salt Reviewer

I have never found size 14/15 oakleys so very rare boots for me.