Oakley Assault Gloves

Having spent an hour of my precious sunday cruising round various online military shops I can't find a single one that has medium Tan Oakley Assault Gloves in stock.

1. Does anyone know of any website or shop that has them in stock?

2. Does anyone perhaps have a spare pair lying round the house (as you do)?

3. When's the next batch of these gloves being sent to distributors?

4. Is G10 really for men?

Cheers.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
G10 is definitely for men. Oakley assault gloves are also for men. Conveniently, these gloves now come as part of the operational 'Black Bag' issue so you won't have to make a choice between them.

Having recently received a pair and used them on one op ,im glad i didnt pay for them .

stitching failed on the thumb web on both gloves after 4 light days use....im not the only one to have this happen either, also get very slippy when lifting and carrying .Dont reckon they would survive a full tour.

Will go back to using the ones i brought with ......lots cheaper as well .

Overrated IMHO very much paying for the brand, I use disciple gloves, not quite as ally looking but one pair lasted a whole tour and have only just started to give, you can get them on fleabay.

Cheers Dollsteeth, I'll have a look at them.

Ceaceilius, with approx 12 months before I'm eligable to go somewhere hot and sandy I figure I may as well buy them now. Haven't got much else to spend my pay on appart from TAM paper and large numbers of SOUP's. Any idea if they come in the kit issue for PCD?

S

swampmonster

I bought the Wiley X gloves out of the USMC px in Leatherneck....worked a treat and never fell apart like the Oakley jobs

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

My Oakleys lasted to the end of the tour but the leather on the back of the hand went hard and started to split from sweat.
The thumb web did start to split too.

Overall though I thought they were better than the issue gloves.

John Bulls in Catterick sell them.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Viper gloves are quite good and cheap if that helps
Is this "Viper - from the people that brought you Webtex" Viper, or something substantial ?

This Tribe

Sponsor
Sponsor
We don't stock them but the UK distributor (Level Peaks) has recently sent out this letter:

This letter is to make you aware of the global supply issue regarding Oakley Assault Gloves in
Tan. Demand has outstripped supply, and we have just received confirmation from Oakley
Headquarters that new supplies will not be available until late 2012, with exact dates still tbc.
Based on this I'd make sure you check with anyone showing availability that they actually have them in stock. If they don't, you could be waiting a while!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
stay away from the underarmour gloves they fall to bits
Great quote from their website here:

"Exposure of the skin to fire or flame can cause injury."

Underarmour - staffed by rocket scientists.

We don't stock them but the UK distributor (Level Peaks) has recently sent out this letter:

Based on this I'd make sure you check with anyone showing availability that they actually have them in stock. If they don't, you could be waiting a while!
I got mine from the US as I travel there quite regularly. Happy to see if they have some when I'm back over there in a couple weeks

Not that it's any of my business but, I would like to talk you out of the over-rated tacticool gloves. Especially if you are using them for work. I'd suggest a pair of Hatch gloves that will actually last you a tour.

Here is a shop in the UK that sells them. They have been around for years making gloves for cops and military personnel. Several models to choose from but this one is the closest to the bling version oakley offers.

Hatch HK Hard Knuckle SOG HK 300/350/400 | Tactical-Kit

If you do decide to purchase the oakley, make sure you get the sizing right. I believe a large in china is a medium in the US. Perhaps that's why the sizing is so messed up. Even after they break in.

If they last you more than a week operating "heavy equipment" I'd be amazed. Make sure not to use a lighter with them, your index finger will burn off. The stitching is really crap. They are in high demand for US soldiers who like the name brand association so they are really cranking them out as fast as they can, compromising quality control.

I think you will really like the Hatch offerings. Gloves are a very disposable item but the Hatch seem to hold up much longer than all the other crap I used. Years ago, I had a pair of vickers tactical gloves that really worked well. I think you can still find old stock as they don't make them anymore.

Best of luck!

N

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Not that it's any of my business but, I would like to talk you out of the over-rated tacticool gloves. Especially if you are using them for work. I'd suggest a pair of Hatch gloves that will actually last you a tour.

Here is a shop in the UK that sells them. They have been around for years making gloves for cops and military personnel. Several models to choose from but this one is the closest to the bling version oakley offers.

Hatch HK Hard Knuckle SOG HK 300/350/400 | Tactical-Kit

If you do decide to purchase the oakley, make sure you get the sizing right. I believe a large in china is a medium in the US. Perhaps that's why the sizing is so messed up. Even after they break in.

If they last you more than a week operating "heavy equipment" I'd be amazed. Make sure not to use a lighter with them, your index finger will burn off. The stitching is really crap. They are in high demand for US soldiers who like the name brand association so they are really cranking them out as fast as they can, compromising quality control.

I think you will really like the Hatch offerings. Gloves are a very disposable item but the Hatch seem to hold up much longer than all the other crap I used. Years ago, I had a pair of vickers tactical gloves that really worked well. I think you can still find old stock as they don't make them anymore.

Best of luck!

N
I agree I've had a pair of Hatch gloves for 5 years still going strong. Admittedly my work ain't as hard going as operational tours but they are tough and well made. Got issued Blackhawk gloves as a replacement and they lasted four days on a Dynamic entry course. Fooking shite.

It depends on what you do for '' work '' as an infanteer I need gloves I can work my weapon with (fnarr fnarr ) fill may twiddle knobs ect.I wear machanix gloves Tactical : Mechanix Wear I also find Ironclad gloves good as well and they do pink gloves for the raf reg All Gloves

Having spent an hour of my precious sunday cruising round various online military shops I can't find a single one that has medium Tan Oakley Assault Gloves in stock.

1. Does anyone know of any website or shop that has them in stock?

2. Does anyone perhaps have a spare pair lying round the house (as you do)?

3. When's the next batch of these gloves being sent to distributors?

4. Is G10 really for men?

Cheers.
Have you tried the Oakley military (sometimes known as Oakley SI) website. If you're serving you should be able to get a password from them by sending a copy of the relevant proof of service, and you also get a healthy discount.

I've got an account with the Canadian site and it's pretty good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StabOfFire Weapons, Equipment & Rations 3
B The NAAFI Bar 2
sixty_three Weapons, Equipment & Rations 5