O2 Wont give me a contract because I live in barracks.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Army_Rizzle, Aug 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Getting pissed off with this now, I cant get a contract with o2 because there system doesnt recognise a barrack address. Has anyone else had this problem, how did you get over it?
  2. Use a relatives address ya plonker.
  3. Beat me to it !
  4. Tankie2ndrtr

Tankie2ndrtr Old-Salt Reviewer

Yes i had this problem, I still have this problem with the electoral role. I am registerd in Tidworth (at my unit address) however the Address format and layout is one that is not accepted by "Experian" the credit check company, therefore giving me a very poor credit rating and no history.

I managed to get a Vodaphone contract (phones4You salisbury) by taking in a few utility bills. ( Bank statement and BT bill) Along with my MOD90, there is a proceedure and special, Forcers application form that they use and fax off. I had an Answer within the hour and have a contract with Vodaphone.
  5. Or use PAYG?
  6. Tankie2ndrtr

I then went back to O2, bought a payg Iphone (costly i know) Unlocked it and stuck my Vodaphone sim init. Ram it O2 !
  7. Tankie2ndrtr

All well and good but if you arnet registered on the Electoral Role at that address its useless, Or so i was told.

I dont have a UK CIV address either.
  8. You can just use a friends adress. It has to be the sae address your bank card is registerd too.
  9. Tankie2ndrtr

Then you have just answered yourself. Go to your bank and change your address.
  10. 1: It would affect my credit rating
    2: Thats just a stupid Idea.
  11. I have had the same problem when renewing things such as car insurance on line and just about most other things where you have to provide an address. Most systems I dont think recognise military addresses (barracks) requiring the sales person to enter the details manually rather than using the postcode and house number method. Although once done then there is usually no problem.
  12. buy one off ebay
  13. And what about when you move to your next unit? Everytime you move your rating will be affected.
  14. You got mate on the married patch? Try using your barracks address as your correspondence address and someone else's (Married patch/civvy mates address) for the delivery address - If they still can't be arrsed to take the time to help a potential customer ask them for the address of their nearest competitor.
  15. use your pareants address, being doing it 14 years :)