O2 Network Working OK - 19 Jan 20

Yokel

LE
My mobile phone has been telling me 'emergency calls only' all morning. It is normally fine here but not this morning. I am typing this via WiFi.

I wondered why I have not received a text message I was expecting. Could there be a national outage or just a local one?

Worth giving O2 a bell to let them know?

02 will already know. G'teed.
I'm fine.
FK post code.
May well be a localised issue for you but you can go online to check known problems.

Last edited:

Yokel

LE
02 will already know. G'teed.
I'm fine.
FK post code.
May well be a localised issue for you but you can go online to check known problems.
Well I tried it and it said no problems. It said restart the phone so I did. I found the message I expected - from my brother this morning asking for me to do something for him.

Oops! Too late. Sorry! He should have gone to Burger King rather than relying on leaving a text message to sort lunch out for whilst he goes out and about.

NSP

LE
I'm with O2. No problems here in my part of the south-west, apart from the usual crap signal strength.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Zero Alpha and Alien Minor 2 were out around our end of Southampton aiming for 20 miles, practising for an upcoming walking marathon. about 11.45 they witnessed an 80-year old lady driver customising a lamp post, so lost ½ hour helping. Three way phone calls while he found the address she was visiting (very close) while Zero Alpha helped the driver, police and paramedics.

All on O2, three-way comms were fine. They lost time and settled for 19 miles before lunch was coming together.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
sussex postcode here, just called a friend in derby on the same network, no issues.

Apparently WhatsApp also crashed today.

I'm on Giffgaff (02) and had no issues & I'm in the snake pit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Zero Alpha and Alien Minor 2 were out around our end of Southampton aiming for 20 miles, practising for an upcoming walking marathon. about 11.45 they witnessed an 80-year old lady driver customising a lamp post, so lost ½ hour helping. Three way phone calls while he found the address she was visiting (very close) while Zero Alpha helped the driver, police and paramedics.

All on O2, three-way comms were fine. They lost time and settled for 19 miles before lunch was coming together.
The star is for "customising a lamp post"

Been okay up here on O2 in deepest, darkest Cumbria. AKA Mordor.

Latest Threads