O2 Armed Forces Offer

Discussion in 'Forces Discounts' started by Scavenger, Aug 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Couldn't quite believe this one, so rang them up, and got £75 for nothing!

As a member of the armed forces, you (and even five friends), can get free credit added to your account. I rang up, and they added £75 credit to mine.

Not sure what I'll use it for, as all my minutes and texts are already included. Although I do occasionally get charged for picture messages, premium rate numbers, calling abroad etc.

Get on it!

O2 | Rewards, promotions & competition Terms and Conditions - Armed forces promotion

Three cheers for O2!

Cadet leaders and walts need not apply.

2. Let me know if anyone tries it using their old regt number.

3. I'm sure it would work fine Prince Albert. I did it over the phone - they just asked for my "8 digit number".

4. Job done :)

He told me to go here: https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/SignUp

Enter in the details (I put Army as organisation), then gave them the code over the phone, sorted.

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

what about those with 6 digit numbers? do coutts even do mobile phones?

6. jUST TRIED THIS TOLD ME TO GO TO NEAREST o2 SHOP, MUST HAVE BEEN "DONE" A COUPLE OF TIMES, OFF TO THE SHOP NOW

P.S. sorry for shouting

7. You all have 8 digit numbers now since the introduction of JPA. Those who think they still only have 6 are disregarding the two zeros at the start.

8. FYI Vodafone offer discounts to members of the forces also, I'm on it but can't remember what the deal is.

9. Just tried this (I'm with O2 already), they said will be applied in 60 - 90 days, didn't even take my service number!

10. Really? Despite having a suitable 8 figure number? Bet they can!

11. I was told only for contract and home broadband but they gave me free texts and picture messages as a goodwill gesture.

12. Yep just done it and quoted 6 digit number with 00 in front. Also sent the code to Mrs1gm and sprogs.

13. My work is done here. Go in peace.

14. Gutted... sons just tried this and its only available to O2 contract customers over 18 and on a £20+ per month tarriff... BUT it is open to up to 5 friends and family too. Worth a look!