O/ HQ Bty, 1 RHA LEIPZIG DAY 16 Oct 09

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by goatbagthedruid, Oct 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just thought that I would wish O/ HQ Bty of 1 RHA, a safe Leipzig Day (a little early - it's on 16 Oct 09 - but to allow them to get the message) whilst in Afghan.

Keep low, move fast and stay safe.

GBTD

2. Sure the Rockets boys and girls will appreciate that (and all the rockets left on R.O.G/rear party)

3. A bit late in the day to wish all past and present members a happy Leipzig day. Better late than never.

4. Unfortunately due to the lads and lasses being away it has slipped passed without many people knowing about it.I cant remeber the last time Rocket Troop celebrated in good style, we always seem to be too busy these days :cry:

5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Rubbish it happens every year but sadly not supported by the serving battery, a real shame on the current BC and BSM if you ask me, I know they are very very busy but an e mail or token representation at a function now and again would be good, must be 10 years since the last serving members came to Hyde, if you need details of the organisers let me know

6. having been a serving member of O/HQ Battery (The Rocket Troop) since taking the name from 2nd Field back in 1993,i have never know or been asked about any other re-unions, it does p1ss me off a bit , i am very proud to have served for so long in the Battery and although the BSM's and BC's come and go at regular intervals i would gladly attend any re-union.I attend the RHA association dinner/re-union night and try to attend the 1 RHA re-uinion in Notts and always look forward to Sandown.Why dont serving members ever get to hear about a 'Rocket' re-union i would gladly bring a mini bus or 2 full of lads.By the time i leave the army in 2014 i will have been a serving 'Rocketman' for over 21 years, is that a record ?

7. Dave,
    I'm not sure you realise quite how busy we in the Rockets are!! In the past nine months most of us have only spent a total of about three weeks in Tidworth/ home. And now we're all away!!

It's not the point that we do not support functions - the point is we physically can't.

8. And as a large percentage of the Battery are practicing alcoholics we would love to !!!!