O/CDT Rank slide

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Can anyone help me out with one of these?

msr

2. just use white tape :wink:

is it for a Brigade TAPOC or a UOTC?

i have a Brigade TAPOC one that i dont need anymore :D

3. GArrison PRI used to have RA ocdt slides.

4. Aye, I've an old RA OCdt one, it has a single thin black stripe rather than the white tape.

However, the norm is to get a 2Lt rank slide appropriate to your Rgt/Corps, and cover the pip with white tape.

5. If they've passed their main board then it's a white stripe, making them appear not dissimilar to a pasted up fig 11. As to where to get them, I think a we knocked some up ages ago using spare slides and some white silk/cotton/anything to hand and they just get recycled. Perhaps your brigade RTC or whover handles modules 2/3/5 in your area can help.

6. Oh no it fcking is not! :!:

7. Ask the Army School of Education (ASE) at Worthy Down. They run the Potential Officer Development Course (PODC) within which all POs, whatever their rank are designated as OCdts for the entire course (it was a 14 week course but I'm not sure now).

PODs (Potential Officers, ie: soldiers wanting a commission) wore blue OCdt slides and PRAMS (Pre-Sandhurst types, normally civilians) wore red OCdt slides.

8. The question of TAPO rank slides has been sent up the chain to RMAS. We suggested a DPM slide with a single OCDT stripe and the name of the RTC. This is in the style of the OTC slides, but probably in gold as the OTC ones all seem to be in black.

We're awaiting a decision.

9. What's wrong with the old fashioned white cloth tape (half inch) starched & ironed, and put directly on the rank holder (epaulette in old money)?

10. Aiming at the bottom centre of the white patch, go on.

I was on an exercise near the Iraqi border as an OCdt in 2001. Felt grrrreat plodding around with that handy identifier protecting my innards. Nothing happened, of course. I was just being a big scaredy-cat.

11. White slide of a plastic belt, easy to keep clean, don't iron

12. msr

msr LE

I have this sorted now, thanks to Sapukay.

msr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.