NZ: Four England players under police investigation

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by in_the_cheapseats, Jun 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

A serious allegation with no formal complaint?

BBC linky

Not good news.

No doubt a lot more to come.......

2. Four chaps in an hotel bedroom usually means a)buggery (and not nice buggery) b)a spot of roasting/date rape or c) drugs. Orp ossibly given this is the England XV, a nice cup of tea and some smuggled digestives. Or finally, Ollie Barkley explaining how to ruin a wedding...

3. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

This goes a bit further than a case of food poisoning to win a game...

Oh hang on this aint the naafi

4. A load of p1ssed guys on tour go large, as long as no members of the public are involved or offended, wot is the problem.. FFS.

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

6. IF and I say IF she has been subject to a sexual assault, they need to
    face the consequences. However if shes gone back to their hotel room and done somethings she come to regret in the morning, she needs to be charged with wasting police time and made to realise theres no big pay off round the corner. I do hope rugby isnt going to be going down the footballers road

7. Unfortunately people who do this, and they do so depressingly regularly, hardly ever get dealt with for wasting all the time that they do.

It's annoying as it diverts attention away from the real victims of abuse.

If they have committed an offence they should be dealt with, but like most rugby fans I'll wait and see.

8. Sounds to me like her boyfriend made the allegations and not her. The question remains that if you're on tour representing your Country should you be spit roasting 18yo slags in your hotel room? If she was up for it, she's more than likely up for a bit of publicity-seeking too. Rob Andrew's resignation to follow....

9. One could argue that what's good for the oily, chavvy, whiny, pampered footballer is good for the rugger.

But every time I hear about these types of accusations I want to bang my head against a wall. I realize that male judgment is, in the main, not stellar when there's a hot piece of a$$ in front of you. But if you're a well-paid sports star, is there not an ounce of common sense that kicks in when contemplating sex with a drunk groupie?

She: "Hey, let's go back to your room and you and some of your teammates can make me airtight! There'll be lots of alcohol and no witnesses besides the accused - whoops, the guys."

He: "Yes, let's! Oh, wait...Kobe Bryant...Rio Ferdinand...Jonny Evans...Kieron Dyer...Cristiano Ronaldo...actually, on second thought, I think I'll just drink myself stupid with the boys tonight. Thanks though."

:roll:

10. Well, who said England had demonstrated lack of penetration during the Test series in NZ?

11. Looks pretty tame by premiership standards...

http://www.rugbyheaven.co.nz/4591120a22363.html

They may have lost on the pitch on Saturday, but at least one English rugby player performed like the Energizer bunny later that night, a British tabloid has reported.

The Sun has interviewed model Sophie Lewis, 22, known as Angel, who claimed the superfit player "went like an Energizer Bunny" for hours.

The unnamed player is said to be one of two England aces accused of later watching sex acts involving two teammates and an 18-year-old girl who works in a lapdancing bar.

Sophie – among a group of girls who went back to stars' rooms at The Hilton in Auckland last Saturday – was with pals in fancy dress at the raunchy Pony Club bar when the sporting idol chatted her up, The Sun reported.

She told a friend: "I think it was my Alice in Wonderland costume that caught his eye. He even called me Alice when we first met.

According to The Sun, the model said he "wasn't flash or arrogant.

"He's very handsome and was a smoothie, a real charmer. I went back to the Hilton with him and we ended up in his room at about 5am.

He was fantastic in bed – awesome and had amazing staying power. He kept going like the Energizer Bunny in the TV ads.

Witnesses have said that while some players hit the booze after England’s defeat by the All Blacks, Zara Phillips' boyfriend Mike Tindall, 29, stuck with soft drinks.

Backpacker Adam Hastings, 21, said: "Women were flinging themselves at the players but Mike wasn't having any of it."

12. Why would Mike Tindall get involved? He's got a really nice girlfriend who is a bit royal. He would only have to talk to a lassie to be on page one of the NOW. With his recent liver injuries he isn't going to be in the barber's chair anytime soon either FFS.

13. Perhaps the England team were trying to avenge themselves for getting humped on the field.

14. I suppose it makes a change from Welsh players beating up bars in SW France. Sadly, I think it is, if the story is found to be true, a sign that the 'gap' between oikball players and rugby players is closing fast.

15. Hold your horses, I will agree but not until the incident becomes official! Why should those concerned risk humiliation if no charges have been made?