• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Nyrex Folders

I've used my brand new shiny nyrex about 3 or 4 times and the pages are already developing a permanent (ie I can't get it off) background shade of black/red.
Any tips on how to keep it clear for as long as possible?

Yes, admittedly it's Wilko's cheapest!! But that shouldn't detract from the removal properties. I soaked a page in it to try and get it off and now its just completely eaten through that page.

when you next get a new Nyrex, lightly dust both the inside & outside of each page with talcum powder & avoid using red/yellow & orange lumi colours. I banned the watchkeepers using them on the map table in the CVs.

Rather than using nyrex folders as you can't write on them in the rain go to a model shop and ask for some of the plastic sheets they use. you the cut them to size, lightly sand them , out a ring binder on them and they good to go as an all weather notebook . Just make sure you only write on them in pencil!!

Costa about £2 compared toy the hideous prices nyrex cost! I used this in the jungle in Belize, Artic conditions in norway and all the climates in between and it never let me down!

Latest Threads