Nyrex Folders

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Paige, Nov 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've used my brand new shiny nyrex about 3 or 4 times and the pages are already developing a permanent (ie I can't get it off) background shade of black/red.
    Any tips on how to keep it clear for as long as possible?

2. Are you using acetone (nail varnish remover)?

3. Yes, admittedly it's Wilko's cheapest!! But that shouldn't detract from the removal properties. I soaked a page in it to try and get it off and now its just completely eaten through that page.

4. To stop any printed pages that you put in it from leaving the print inside the sleeve just rub them with talc/ footpowder.

5. when you next get a new Nyrex, lightly dust both the inside & outside of each page with talcum powder & avoid using red/yellow & orange lumi colours. I banned the watchkeepers using them on the map table in the CVs.

6. So if I fablon it and then dust the fablon sheets with talc I'm onto a winner!

7. Dunno, but I do like the idea of the fablon.

8. Cigarette ash and spit will get old lumi ink off. If you want to get really non-tactical use "Lynx" deodorant spray. (God knows what it must do to your armpits?)

9. I dont have any such problems with my nyrex...

... cos after using it for a week, it has been utilised to prop up my wobbly legged table!! :roll:

10. Rather than using nyrex folders as you can't write on them in the rain go to a model shop and ask for some of the plastic sheets they use. you the cut them to size, lightly sand them , out a ring binder on them and they good to go as an all weather notebook . Just make sure you only write on them in pencil!!

Costa about £2 compared toy the hideous prices nyrex cost! I used this in the jungle in Belize, Artic conditions in norway and all the climates in between and it never let me down!