NY Terror plot foiled

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Vaughany, May 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FBI have arrested four men who planned to blow up two synagogues and fire Stingers at the Air National Guard.........Good job
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yeah heard it in the car this morning. It seems the fcukwits bought (inert) IEDs from the FBI and were lifted when they wanted missiles. Why do these idiots think anti aircraft missiles are something you can buy on ebay? :x
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Not exactly ambitious were they?!?

Osama will by turning in his cave!
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Offering to supply people with Stinger missiles and C4 doesn't mean that they're terrorists - just that they're extremely stupid.
  6. These must have been Osama's 'special bunch'.
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well that is kind of a given to begin with anyway. :)
  8. Don't knock it! A thick would-be terrorist is far preferable to a switched-on actual terrorist.
  9. I notice they are charged with intending to use "weapons of mass destruction."

Can any of our US friends define that phrase as in US law ? Obviously it means something a bit different to us (unless they were the nuclear-tipped Stingers).

10. I concur DB.

A certain bunch of misfits once told Margaret Thatcher that they only had to get lucky once whereas she had to be lucky all the time. Unfortunately, we are in the same boat.
  11. I don't think they will be seeing the light of day for a very long time. I think the American people will be quite shocked that "Home grown terrorists" are popping up in the USA.
  12. Nearly all these stories involve FBI entrapment of some bunch of incompetent beardy fantasists.

I wouldn't be surprised if they believed that such a thing as a WMD tipped Stinger exists and that the nice man in the yellow lettered bullet proof vest would let then have one for the price of a goat biriani.
  13. Good work all round :)

i wish the UK gov would increase the number of Intelligence personnel here; i know to good friends, both Army who speak eight languges between them and they both got turned down for MI5 & MI6.

The sad thing is that they both have Degree level education and are young enough and experinced enough (Military experince) to make a real difference to the UK Intelligence service.
  14. They're from Newburgh, aka Detroit of the East. Newburgh is a Ghetto downtown. On the way back from a Physical at Stewart ANG Base I saw a hooker beating a cop up one day with her shoe. His partner gave her a good thumping with his baton and then a garbage can lid.

3 were Jailbird converts to Islam, the 4th a Haitian Immigrant.