NW London bomb plot - why may it have been kept quiet?

Any ideas?

"The report said the arrest came just months after the UK joined the US and other world powers in signing the Iran nuclear deal and speculated that it was hushed up to avoid derailing the agreement with Tehran, who are the main supporters of the Lebanese Hezbollah group."

It was quoted in the article that you linked to, so probably a good place to start - assuming that you read beyond the headline.

Lizard people,

the new world order,

The Illuminati

some other wibble.

Any ideas?

"The report said the arrest came just months after the UK joined the US and other world powers in signing the Iran nuclear deal and speculated that it was hushed up to avoid derailing the agreement with Tehran, who are the main supporters of the Lebanese Hezbollah group."

It was quoted in the article that you linked to, so probably a good place to start - assuming that you read beyond the headline.
Surprisingly I did think to read the article before posting. I may be naive but that explanation seems rather far fetched to me.

Any ideas?

Or could it be that Iran gave them up as a sign of good faith to get the deal through?

Perhaps Ammonium Nitrate is very expensive in Iran, and these guys were harmless entrepreneurs making a few quid in the export business?

Stockpiling in their house must have saved a fortune on warehousing

There's the possibility of concern that other counter-terrorism efforts may have been stymied if this one was made public too soon. For example, if MI5 or rozzers are keeping an eye on would-be splodeydopes, they don't want the people they're keeping tabs on getting more conscientious about persec as a result of learning about how another bunch of ****s got caught in similar circumstances.

Perhaps Ammonium Nitrate is very expensive in Iran, and these guys were harmless entrepreneurs making a few quid in the export business?

Stockpiling in their house must have saved a fortune on warehousing
They may also have been thinking of getting into livestock farming , ammonium nitrate makes the grass grow .

Last edited:
Assuming the report in Torygraph isn't just a result of hacks getting too tired and emotional, I confess to being intrigued by why this bomb plot was hushed up - any ideas anyone?

Iran-linked terrorists caught stockpiling explosives in north-west London

UK said to have covered up fact it foiled 2015 Hezbollah London bomb plot
Kept quiet because it's 'them', and no matter how hard Leftys tried - 'Mental Health / Drug' issues' wouldn't wash on this one.

If it was an IRA or Right-Wing plot it would be exposed immediately and we'd never be allowed forget about it.

Guy Fawkes was Right-Wing.