Nvq and UCas points?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Markym1990, Apr 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello I was wondering if anybody knew if an electrical qualification (City & Guilds) at level 3 is worth another points to let you apply to become an Officer? Ive tryed looking everywhere but can't find anything out. Cheers for your help!
  2. I don't think so, i have both city and guilds 2322 and 2330 level 3 in addition to my rather crap a-levels and in all honesty they were more of curiousity to the ACA or interviewing officer. Sorry i can't be definitive.
  3. Really so do you think I would have to do some A-levels then? I was told my course is worth 2 A-levels when it was completed. And what do you mean more of a curiousty?. Have you been accepted for officer training since? I was hoping it would be good enough to get through and get put on a PRAMS or a POD. Anyones advice on what to do next?
  4. Contact your local AFCO, They will give you all the advice you need.
  5. I'd take cheese advice, if you speak to the ACA you get it from the horse's mouth so to speak. By curiousity i mean no one who has interviewed me (bearing in mind that i doubt many people outside of the sparking world would know what a C&G 2330 was!) has spoken of the qualification having any relevance in regards to getting the necessary 180 ucas points.

Like i said previously, my crappy a-levels were enough to get me through the door and to RMAS this Sept without going on PRMAS.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
  6. UCAS Tariffs

This lists all of the Qualifications which attract UCAS points. The only NVQ I can see is AAT NVQ3 Accounting which gets 160 UCAS points.