NVG counter weight

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by daywalker, Aug 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Alright chaps

I'm trying to get hold of an nvg counter weight that you can fix to the back of a helmet, i know you can order them from the states but i was wondering if anyone knows anywhere in the uk that stocks them.

I know there are a few temp measures that you can use, just thought id look for a more permanent solution

2. Neck not strong enough? I didn't think the issued monocle was that heavy?
    Or are you talking about a privately owned set?
  3. Are sure your glass back will be able to cope with it
  4. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Aren't we all in a funny mood tonight :evil:

But seriously, anyone know anywhere that stocks them?
  5. Have you got any RAF connections?...we get issued them for the flying helmets, as do the RAF and NAVY Aircrew.
  6. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

cheers mate, would those sorts work on normal helmets to?
  7. But seriously, why on earth do you need a counterweight? If you needed it, the system would issue it to you. There isn't an issued counterweight for the issue monocle, as it isn't heavy enough to require one.
    Unless you've got a neck with the constitution of wet Papier-mâché, then what's the issue here?

This is said assuming you are serving - you mentioned a helmet. If you are simply a walt, then counterweight away...
  8. String - Loop - Neck... Job done!
  9. Oh quite, it's a well known fact that that the forces are a Milk & Honey organisation. They never want for anything, ever...

What are you, a politician?
  10. Jay jays do some contraption that allows you to use a set of spare batteries as a counterweight. I think its a little pouch type affair. As used by the PF boys I'm told.
  11. Have you tried the med centre to be issued with a pair of testicles?
  12. He's probably a realist.

You don't NEED it you just want it to make life easier.

You NEED a weapon, you don't need something to stop your ickle neck hurting :(
  13. You don't need a rifle, it just makes killing a little easier...
  14. Ah, a pedant!