NVG counter weight

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
Alright chaps

I'm trying to get hold of an nvg counter weight that you can fix to the back of a helmet, i know you can order them from the states but i was wondering if anyone knows anywhere in the uk that stocks them.

I know there are a few temp measures that you can use, just thought id look for a more permanent solution

cheers

Neck not strong enough? I didn't think the issued monocle was that heavy?
Or are you talking about a privately owned set?

daywalker said:
Alright chaps

I'm trying to get hold of an nvg counter weight that you can fix to the back of a helmet, i know you can order them from the states but i was wondering if anyone knows anywhere in the uk that stocks them.

I know there are a few temp measures that you can use, just thought id look for a more permanent solution

cheers
Are sure your glass back will be able to cope with it

daywalker said:
Aren't we all in a funny mood tonight :evil:

But seriously, anyone know anywhere that stocks them?
But seriously, why on earth do you need a counterweight? If you needed it, the system would issue it to you. There isn't an issued counterweight for the issue monocle, as it isn't heavy enough to require one.
Unless you've got a neck with the constitution of wet Papier-mâché, then what's the issue here?

This is said assuming you are serving - you mentioned a helmet. If you are simply a walt, then counterweight away...

String - Loop - Neck... Job done!

wg100 said:
If you needed it, the system would issue it to you.
Oh quite, it's a well known fact that that the forces are a Milk & Honey organisation. They never want for anything, ever...

What are you, a politician?

Jay jays do some contraption that allows you to use a set of spare batteries as a counterweight. I think its a little pouch type affair. As used by the PF boys I'm told.

Have you tried the med centre to be issued with a pair of testicles?

PE4rocks said:
wg100 said:
Oh quite, it's a well known fact that that the forces are a Milk & Honey organisation. They never want for anything, ever...

He's probably a realist.

You don't NEED it you just want it to make life easier.

You NEED a weapon, you don't need something to stop your ickle neck hurting :(

Closet_Jibber said:
PE4rocks said:
wg100 said:

He's probably a realist.

You don't need a rifle, it just makes killing a little easier...

PE4rocks said:
Closet_Jibber said:
PE4rocks said:
wg100 said:

He's probably a realist.

You don't need a rifle, it just makes killing a little easier...
Ah, a pedant!

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Two bits of string around the front, if it's the issue, tied around the metal hoop at the back of your helmet, nice and tight, and tadda. Counterweight.
Not that any person still alive should ever need a counterweight for it.
Heavy, no.. Irritating, yes.
Give me lucie any day.

What exactly is this for, there are several sets of NVGs and a couple of modifications coming in that'll resolve the issues about counterweights?