Nutters Say World Will End on 21 May 2011

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ruckerwocman, May 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

According to this lot, the world will end on the 21st of May 2011. Bugger! That blows my week-end. :-( I was going to see "Thor" this week-end too.

" + artTitle.replace("-","") + " - " + "The Lantern" + " - " + "Campus" + "

Some say May 21 could be the end of the world as we know it (and some feel fine)
    By Danielle Hyams
    Published: Wednesday, May 18, 2011
    Updated: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 20:05
    Some people around the world are preparing for what they say will be the end of time. These people are quitting their jobs, liquidating their assets, saying their final goodbyes and spreading the word: Judgment Day is Saturday.
    The Judgment Day movement is being spearheaded by Harold Camping and his organization, Family Radio. Camping, who is 89 years old, is a former civil engineer turned religious figure who predicts the end of the world based on a numerical analysis of the Bible. He previously predicted that the world might end in 1994.
    Gunther von Harringa, who runs Bible Ministries International, which produces content for Family Radio, describes the horror that he says will engulf the world this Saturday as God punishing man for all their sins.
    "God will open up all the graves around the world," Harringa said. "The entire surface of the earth will be littered with the decay of the people that died."
  2. I sure hope so, my wife's birthday is on that day. Sounds like a reasonable excuse for not having an 'adequate' gift or forgetting about the b'day altogether. No last shag for me then though I reckon...
  3. I fuckin 'ope so, cause at the moment it really sucks.
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

They can send all their spare dosh this way.

I'll refund it if they're right.

Please make cheques out to:

Dr Pangloss,
    Paradise Gardens
  5. Huzza! Aim for the heads I've waited ages for zombie poppin day.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Well as end of the worlds go I hope this one is more spectacular than our previous efforts!
  7. remind me not to go to mcdonalds after the 21st
  8. Isn't that a medical condition?
  9. I was going to sit down with the bills and my chequebook and pay bills. Might as well wait until the 22nd I guess.
  10. Right,the World ends when i say so, not before.
  11. Hope so, can't be****ed going to Thetford for a week on Sunday
  12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

And one assumes, the gold, jewels and trinkets they were buried with? Set my alarm for 03.30 Saturday Olga, would you? And do we still have that DNA suit from the last time I got nicked?
  13. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

14. I think it will as it happens. But there again, I am 'brain-dead' and a 'grief whore'.

We shall see.

If it does happen, and the world does end, I point the finger of blame directly at:

I have forgotten one miscreant, but someone may remind me.

PS: I must go now and pay all my bills and credit card balances and bring all my subscriptions up to date.
  15. QUALITY! That'll save me a fecking fortune on posh scoff, flowers and presents for my wedding anniversary. Me missus has already bought mine, the Mug!!