Nutter is Jumping 2,400 feet and land with no chute deployed.

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by rgjbloke, May 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've always been a member of the "why on earth leave a perfectly airworthy aircraft before it lands on the ground" brigade.

This gentleman intends to jump 2,400 feet in a bird like suit and fly himself down onto a pile of cardboard boxes without deploying his parachute.

What do you think. Has he given his last ever TV interview? It's a gloriously sunny day on which to die?

Or, do you think he's got a chance or even think it will be a breeze?

It's taking place around 1pm today near henley in Oxfordshire. Sky news will be showing it.

My fingers are crossed that he's not going to kill himself but, a fatality seems to me to be a distinct possibility!

Here's a link to the Sky News report: Wingman: British Stuntman Gary Connery To Skydive Without Parachute | Strange News | Sky News
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  2. Can I get in nice and early and nominate this chap for this year's Darwin Awards?
  3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I was asked to provide personal accident insurance for this attempt, giving a hefty pay out in the event of his death.

I declined!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  4. A friend of mine is an Army parachute jumper. He's there at the moment, and involved in someway. He posted this pic on his facebook about 45 mins ago.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

He'll hit the pile of boxes at 60mph. Stunt men do this all the time. The only real danger is if he misses the pile of boxes.
  6. Apparently the 1st practice jump was a success.
  7. Are sky showing it live?
    Could be be very interesting tv if it goes pear shape!
  8. I wonder what speed he will be doing on arrival.

Doh. 60Mph as noted above.
  9. Silly ****.
  10. Has this thread not been done before?

Theoretically the jump sounds perfectly ok.

Not that I'm in a hurry to follow suit.
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft and using a parachute is daft enough, but this.....................:clown: :skull:
  12. He got it down to 240 feet yesterday... He's doing several practices throughout the day, and the live drop will be some time this afternoon
  13. Who's that blokey who jumps off high things in a flying squirrel suit?? He's entertaining to watch!!
  14. Jeb Corliss
  15. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

going by that pic he intends to plow into it unless they are going to raise the box pile a bit, I reckon its doable.