Nuts jobs with guns

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by -=TheGeneral=-, Mar 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do my eyes deceive... did one of these guys just use a cannon on firing range? :shock:

Click

2. Thats one hell of a range day!

Only in the good ol US of A eh.
    To be honest, I would'nt like to have to pick up the brass after that shoot 8O

3. Wow. Americans are nuts.

4. Back in '92 I went on a course out in Florida and stayed with an ex-pat family. The patriarch of the household was well into his handguns and as I was still serving he took me down the ranges one Sunday to try out a couple of Beretta M92s, a .357" magnum revolver and a .44" magnum revolver. The latter was a fcuking beast!

In any case, we're there potting away with our handguns when I become aware of automatic fire down the range - there's the local nutter blatting away with an Uzi. Ten minutes later the automatic fire gets louder - the guy has got a .30" cal. Browning set up on a tripod emptying belt after belt at the Fig.11 about 50 yds away.

He went through some other automatic weapons I can't recall but the fcuker who really worried me was the bloke three tables to my left with a serious looking sniper's rifle with some whizzy looking sights, wind measurement kit and all sorts of other techy gear and in the 1 1/2 hours we were there he fired about 3 shots - he was serious and will probably end up on the front page of the Washington Post - soon hopefully!!

5. The KCR shoot started as a class 3 dealer (someone who sells machine guns and destructive devices) get together and swap meet. It grew into the spectacle that the vid clip shows. KCR butts up against the backside of a impact zone on the Ft. Knox Military reservation, and was once used by the US Navy's Ordnance Repair Facility to bore sight naval rifles. They would put them on a railroad flat car (open goods carrier) and take them down to shoot them into the side of the hill. Kenny's dad bought it all from the Govt in the '60s and turned it into a huge firing range, both for what you see as well as for shotgun sports and blackpowder shooters. I lived very close to KCR and I worked at the Shoots as a firing line Safety Officer for Kenny for years. You would be surprised at the number of Brits who showed up to watch the fun every year. People come from all over to watch and participate. I think the funniest thing I ever saw there was on a Sunday as the first round of firing was getting set to go, a bunch of Japanese tourists were taking pictures with all the guns as a backdrop. The order to fire came and a bloke with a Boys .55 Anti-Tank rifle opened up right behind them, lol I imagine the pic showed them all about a foot in the air, it made them all jump. Besides the fire arms, many collectors of military vehicles show up to play, there is usually a M-15 Meat-chopper (a halftrack with a quad .50 AA gun mounted to it) as well as assorted tanks and jeeps. Pretty much like watching hell unleashed during the night shoot, the targets, (cars, boats, assorted junk) gets a stick or two of dynamite taped to it and a 55 gallon drum of scrap cooking oil or some other fuel. The glow in the sky can be seen from Louisville, about 20 miles away, and you can hear the explosions for about as far.
    There has been one fire arms related fatality in all the years it has been staged, A triple mini-gun tipped over backwards and crushed the person shooting it.

6. Yes, I am sad to say , that this sort of fun is the norm on local (read Gov't run) ranges.
    Here it is legal, indeed a 'right" , to role up with a boot full of bang sticks and spend the day drilling air and killing paper.

In the UK, outdoor "hobbies" now are restricted to golf, Kite flying and other suitably PC hobbies. Not so in the States. I have the God Damned right to bear arms (or is that arm Bears?)
    Life sucks , but hey I will live with my trail of tears ;-)

7. You can privately own a minigun in the States???

Crazy!

8. Yep

9. Don't we all?

Build your own howitzer.

And when you've built your own howitzer, go hunting!

[​IMG]

Yes folks, it's the good ol' USA; like care in the community, but with automatic weapons.

10. Give me a gpmg and i'll be happy

11. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Looks like a fun day at the range!

Actually, fully automatic weapons amd most canons come under VERY strict control by the Federal Govt. The BATF is the primary enforcer.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/

Most States, do not allow private ownership of full auto weapons, silencers, etc . Washington State is one of them.

12. "Nut jobs with guns"

Huh?

Somebody call me?

13. What

in

the

name

of

all

that

is

holy... :shock: