Nutrition & diet; the consequences

Two very salient points. There's a whole bunch of folk that simply can't accept that CICO is king. Something less evident when people are espousing the values of keto, carnivore, paleo, vegan etc is that there are other more long term health markers that should be taken into consideration. Sure, you can lose weight eating nothing but bacon slathered in butter providing you burn it off, though such nutrition can trash your lipid panel.
I’m not in line with what you’re saying here. If you follow keto it’s pretty good, but at some point you are going to need to reduce your calorie intake, and depending on what health issues you’re carrying, lighter is better, or perhaps the only health marker?

I’m not in line with what you’re saying here. If you follow keto it’s pretty good, but at some point you are going to need to reduce your calorie intake, and depending on what health issues you’re carrying, lighter is better, or perhaps the only health marker?

Ah, it wasn't addressed at you specifically, though rather a general observation of a sizeable percentage of people that think being in ketosis negates energy balance i.e. you can go weapons free on bacon and butter because they genuinely believe that 'only carbs makes them fat'. And I get there are people not following a ketogenic diet to lose weight, though feel they simply function better adhering to such nutrition.

Hope that's clearer.

Ah, it wasn't addressed at you specifically, though rather a general observation of a sizeable percentage of people that think being in ketosis negates energy balance i.e. you can go weapons free on bacon and butter because they genuinely believe that 'only carbs makes them fat'. And I get there are people not following a ketogenic diet to lose weight, though feel they simply function better adhering to such nutrition.

Hope that's clearer.
It is mate and I was that man, up until about a year ago. It's a very easy trap to fall into, especially if moderation isn't your thing (certainly not mine). I am a firm believer that we can live without carbs, but they taste great and are found in beer.

Latest Threads