NUS: Clapping 'alienates deaf people'

jim30

LE
So the lovely snowflakes in the NUS got rid of their delightful allegedly anti semitic president yesterday.

Her replacement was announced but according to the times, they were asked to celebrate by shaking hands pantimine style, not cheering and clapping as 'it could alienate deaf people and those afraid of loud noises'.

Surely holding hands discriminates against amputees and people born without hands?

Shouldn't we just deny the NUS the oxygen of publicity and ignore them? As irrelevant now as they were in the 1980s. Anyone in their 20s who has the remotest interest in participating in 'student politics' is just weird.

They are annoying, but if you ignore them, they will go away.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Instead of clapping they could just indicate their approval by raising, say, their right arm to about 15-20% off the vertical with the hand held flat.

Just line these idiots up against the wall.
Their gene pool is not worth saving.

Instead of clapping they could just indicate their approval by raising, say, their right arm to about 15-20% off the vertical with the hand held flat.
And adopt a uniform attire so that no one feels discriminated against on account of poor fashion sense. Perhaps get a German fashion house to design said uniform.

**** your inclusive jazz hands bullshit.

We are about to have a global nuclear war

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
They've thought of that.

If anybody ignores this ordinance, for example by dropping a few megatons, they'll have the council inspectors round.
quite ironic considering Rutherford's still radioactive lab bench is on display (behind thick glass) in Manchester university. Or it was a few years ago at least.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
My finger slipped on the keyboard and I Googled "j1zz hands".....

.....Don't....just don't!
Yeeesssss! I believe you while thousands may not! :rolleyes:

Gap years.
I'm all in favour of them.
All school leavers should be forced to take a year off and get a menial job - or be placed in one - for a year, so that when they get to a place of higher education, they have some clue about what the 'real' world is all about...

jim30

LE
quite ironic considering Rutherford's still radioactive lab bench is on display (behind thick glass) in Manchester university. Or it was a few years ago at least.
In a similar vein Lewisham Council allegedly were a bit miffed to discover that there was a mini nuclear reactor in the basement of greenwich naval college.

Latest Threads