Nursing FTRS

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Runner, Apr 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hate my civvie job and was thinking of packing it in to go FTRS as a nurse (general or mental health, I'm dual trained). How likely am I to get a posting preference for the West Midlands (I've got 2 small kids)? Any other insights would be welcome. I'm 45, male, a Major and no I haven't got a fat arse. In fact, I'm pretty fit and do a fair bit of running/pt. I don't mind doing operational tours but, needless to say, I don't want to spend all my children's formative years in Helmand Province.

2. You'll be no use to the QA's then.

Another ginsters anyone?

3. Is it possible to have a thin but still shinny arse?

Which corps ate all the pies......

4. Wotcher,

There is a DCMH in Donnington that might offer FTRS, though probably not in the rank of Major (?Captain). On the general side there is Selly Oak, dunno if they are offering FTRS posts though.

Your best bet is to give APC TA and Reserves (FTRS) desk a ring and see what they can do.

Nursey (With a thin, yet incredibly shiny arrse)

5. If you want FTRS without the tour - you need FTRS (LC) - Limited commitment, which means you stay in the job that you are given.

Ask the PSIs at your unit to log on to 2 Med Bges website and check out any FTRS vacancies, or as ratchet says - get them to ring the FTRS desk for a list of vacancies.

Good luck

6. I've just been onto the very helpful AMS person who deals with FTRS in Glasgow and it seems there are vacancies even as a lecturer (my current job) at RCDM in Birmingham. Its very tempting. The only fly in the ointment is that my current job might be crap and a bit of a dead end but its permanant and has a pension at the end of it...

I'll have a word with our friendly neighbourhood NRPS person...

7. the answer is simple then - stay in your cr4p job and die of boredom during the week. save your energy for every second weekend Bounty hunter!

8. Isn't that the mantra of every squaddie past the 12 year point?