Nursing competencies

One of my Land Competencies is to understand the 'G functions' in the chain of command section.

Sorry if i sound thick, but what is a G function.

It sounds like a dodgy rapper...

Try again:

G Force

Filbert you are showing your age, quite funny though. I cringe at the thought of QAs trying to teach each other anything about the army. I recall being told by an instructor at QATC that a Btn 2IC was a Capt as she handed out learning materials on Army structure taken from the Sunday Times. Laugh? Yes indeedy. Try this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staff_(military)#Continental_staff_system

Yes I know its from Wikipedia but it can't be any worse than listening to an ill informed over weight clueless QA.

Sounds as funny as an RAMC Sgt telling a group of trainee CMT's that the pin that comes with a nasal airway is to "pin it to the nose so it doesn't fall out". (Luckily enough, a nurse was on hand to correct him.)

flamingo said:
Sounds as funny as an RAMC Sgt telling a group of trainee CMT's that the pin that comes with a nasal airway is to "pin it to the nose so it doesn't fall out". (Luckily enough, a nurse was on hand to correct him.)
Yep, I was told that at Keogh as well, wasnt until I started my OTT training that I discovered the actual use of the pin.

Filbert Fox said:
flamingo said:
Yep, I was told that at Keogh as well, wasnt until I started my OTT training that I discovered the actual use of the pin.
is it used to poke yourself in the eye then?

Taking splinters out actually.

nursienorth said:
One of my Land Competencies is to understand the 'G functions' in the chain of command section.

Sorry if i sound thick, but what is a G function.

It sounds like a dodgy rapper...
Try looking it up on the defence intranet - it has a list of G1 - G9, including their meanings and functions. 8O

Filbert Fox said:
flamingo said:
Its to wake the anaesthetist up.

Filbert Fox said:
flamingo said:
That must have been a long time before I was there! Amazing how urban myths persist! The Sgt did take being corrected by a Pvt quite well! :wink: I'm sure the trip to the guardroom I had the next day was pure coincidence!

I was in Brats in 1984, it was one of our old boys who told us and there was no-one to correct him!

Filbert Fox said:
I was in Brats in 1984, it was one of our old boys who told us and there was no-one to correct him!
I think mine was in 1992. At that stage, although a lowly TA Pvt (I never rose much higher, in 10 years!), on a CMT3(V) course, my day job was Charge Nurse in Recovery (ITU & ALS trained) in a major teaching hospital, so I probably was a bit overqualified for the course - I scraped a pass!

It was fun though, and I still look back on it fondly. Very scarey (female) QA Sgt, and a non-medically trained RAMC officer (I think he was ex-para) who never let ignorance of a subject stop him forcefully expressing an opinion, I seem to recall! Where's that sandbag... :D