Nursery ryhmes take another beating with ceonsorship stick

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Harry_Monk, Feb 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't think this has been done or at least I couldn't see it. Maybe my vision is clouded by all the 'extreme weather'?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7860869.stm

The political correctness police are obviously having another quiet day!

2. im making war on the PC brigade, anyone with me?

3. Certainly, as long as there's differently-abled access and a clear policy on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender issues.

4. of course and i promise itl be over by the winter holiday

5. Oh FFS! Why? That was a nursery rhyme I actually remember liking even though I hadn't the foggiest what it was about as a kid.

I suppose promoting piracy as a jovial vocation to kids, rather than portraying an obviously negative caricature of life on the sauce is the logical choice. Good one "Bookstart", thats on par with the cnuts who make up the Crystal Mark Plain English scheme & their bright ideas vis-a-vis latin abbreviations & decent prose in genera!

:evil:

P.s. to add fuel to general anti-PC sentiments - in the Met Plod where I currently work, there are little cards being circulated to all staff saying, "Stand up to HATE CRIME - Being LGBT is a fact; Being homophobic or transphobic is a choice; Let's work together to stop it"

We're all having problems understanding the bit about a state of being, being a fact...

6. For crying out loud.. they'll be getting rid of the "eenie, meenie, miney, mo..." thing next..

7. Sex is discriminatory
    And I will tell you why
    It discriminates against
    The ugly and the shy

8. Judge Dread knew how to sing nursery ryhmes!