Nurse! The screens!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sallyanne09, Jun 25, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 3
  1. One of the full screws in my troop failed her B1 drivers course and immediately started shouting and screaming about only being failed because she was the only woman on the course.
    Training Wing caved in and retested her, giving her the result she wanted.

Two weeks later we're out first parading all the DAFs and she has to ask someone where the dipstick and coolant tanks are.

Sent in a harsh font, using finger paints
  2. She's a midwife. Midwives are the traffic coppers of nursing. Everyone hates them. I went out with one for a bit... She'd have done something like that.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. krd

krd Old-Salt

I ought to try that!. Yell "Help, help I'm being repressed because I'm one of only 2 male nurses on this unit"

I'd be Modern Matron in no time. Dunno if I fancy the dress though.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. A Group Captain a fair rank for someone treated so badly.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Do the RAF need a lot of midwifes then?

Although I did once meet a USAF Col Paediatrician, couldn't really get my head around that one either.
  6. Signallers

Signallers Book Reviewer

Wouldn't want to be a PTI officer in the RAF the abbreviation is 'PeDO' (Physical education Development Officer).
    • Like Like x 1
  7. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Longer performance in present role is not necessarily a superior recommendation for promotion to a higher one.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Pregnancy and childbirth do occur within the Armed Forces, funnily enough. Though as the RAF and Army increasingly base in the UK, presumably the NHS will crack on.
  9. She should thank her lucky stars she wasn't a nurse in a bawdy 1970s hospital.

• Like Like x 1
  10. One did come in quite useful when my daughter was born at RAF Hospital Wegberg.
  11. Way back in 95 when I was lucky enough to be shagging a RAF nurse, the tales she told about what went on in Wegberg,. Free Brest enlargements on the Crown, free gold crowns for nurses with a friend in the dental centre !! no charge just a few favours , many a few nurses had to have a " special" Op a few weeks after a wild drunken party.

Not what you knew but who you knew.

Also had a very pleasant meeting with a USN Commander who was the best midwife in the fleet ??

She had helped over 1250 babies being born, what she didn't know about the female bits is not even worth knowing. What she could do with hers was amazing :).
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Just in case you are gay? If your username means you are RLC then it's pretty much a dead cert.