Nurse - Army or RAF

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by DWeb, Dec 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi. Have just recently graduated registered as a nurse (adult) and I want to become a nurse in the forces. I recently spoke with a RAF recruitment officer at a nursing recruitment event in Glasgow and have been looking at the RAF since. I have also looked at the army side too and spoke with a friend of mine who is currently in the army and he suggests I go to the army side of things. He did also suggest that his opinion may be biased so I should come here and ask for input from RAF and Army nurses as to their experiences so I can make a more informed choice!

2. WTF are you going on about?
  3. Ignore it as it's quite mental.
  4. RAF will probably pay more! Will have better messing and facilities and less **** around. But you will forever be branded a crab!
  5. Firstly, are you female?

If so, then it really depends what you look like. If you are someone that could get a job on 'Aerobics Oz Style' then join the RAF. If, on the other hand, you are a munter of the highest order then it's a life in green (or grey) for you.

If you are not female then maybe you should consider the Royal Navy?
  6. DWeb

Brief details for Naval Nursing here:

Definitely worth a look.
  7. Naval Nurses - feck all berths actually at sea unless and until ARGUS is deployed in PCRS mode .

RAF - best chance of Aeromed training
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I always preferred QAs you'd have to get them drunk a bit first though. Black stockings under that grey uniform with the little bit of red trim ah memories. Wonder if i can still fit it on!
  9. If you want my unbiased opinion, the RAF are all whining gay bastards and the few Bis amongst them have very very small todgers.

The Navy medicos only get to treat the odd kicked in back door and ********* with lube allergies.

The Army medics are all ******* thick mincers and come from Brixton.

I hope that has cleared things up for you!
  10. I was deployed with a (Lt) Navy nurse on board the PCRF, RFA Argus earlier this year when it was deployed to the Gulf so they do go to sea occasionally.
  11. You should hear what those same guys say about you.

They say that you were an excellent Chairman of your local LBGT branch.
  12. I apologise for all my colleagues missing the obvious but:

A photo is required before a correct assessment can be made.
  13. Fixed.