Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by norfolk_n_chance, Jul 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

I was wondering if there are any Northumbrian UOTC arrse users. I may be temporarily moving to the area, and have the option of getting attached there. I was hoping people could give me an insight into the ethos of the unit, good/bad experiences they've had with them, and any relevant info I should know.

Alternatively, what are other peoples impressions of them?

Thanks in advance.
  2. get attached. Where are you atm?
  3. My direct experience is a bit dated - twenty five years dated - but Northumbria has always been a class act. A larger than average OTC, drawing from many different tertiary colleges and universities, it had a brilliant social life, top quality PSIs and officers and was positioned smack bang in the epicentre of 15 Bde. There were plenty of opportunities to train with local regiments and Newcastle has practically every cap-badge or discipline within easy striking distance, from SAS(R) to mobile bath units.

Go for OTC cap badge too, although one did occasionally get asked things on attachments like "Why are you carrying a Charlie G padre?" To which I replied "Never heard of muscular christianity my son?"
  4. Quality Cuddles!

Although perhaps someone has a more recent impression.

Barbarasson, I'll PM you.
  5. Can give you up to date gen though currently on a hot and sunny jolly at the taxpayers expense.

PM so I remember to get back to you when I have more time.