Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by PartTimeGeordie, May 17, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i'm bout to goto newcastle uni (if i get the grades ???) and i want to join the otc there. Is it one of the best/worst and what are the wings like there?

Anyone who is a member or has been hav u any stories/warnings/advice for me!

p.s sorry 2 disapoint you lot im not a fit lady! (not even a lady at all come to think of it)
  2. Sorry to Hijack your thread, but if anyone has any knowledge about UWOTC I'd appreciate any info...going to a certain Welsh uni in Sept '04 after my gap year...

3. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Either you go to LUOTC or you are a waste of MTDs  ;D
  4. Hear hear Woopert, (said using a masonic handshake)
  5. Surely you mean ULOTC, LUOTC being Liverpool.  Scoops would not be impressed!
  6. i thought about london OTC then I realised that its quite a long bus trip away from newcastle!
  7. NUOTC, They are the OTC that get involved with no outside events, and try to pretend that they are all Cav officers.
  8. LUOTC is and has always been LEEDS. Quite a bit closer than ULOTC. A very good unit.
  9. still a bit of a long bus ride tho....
  10. Forget all these English UOTCs.  All very well if you want to learn how to drink Pims at a Garden Party, but if you want to do some real soldiering, come to Queens!  8)
    Queens are the only true warriors when it comes to the bit.  And its only a short flight from Newcastle.
  11. it's allways pims o'clock in newcastle  :-/ ! i dont know if the old student loan will cover a return flight every week!
  12. Tell you what, lets skip the whole otc stage, go straight to a proper TA unit (ill even let you go somewhere other than INF) then you can go to OTC'S to do their pre sandhurst course, that way getting the best of both worlds!    

Am i sounding like an army brat who hated his time in the OTC because of the flids there?
  13. msr

msr LE

No, that would be my advice too.

14. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

Consider this I could have been out doing the 16AA thing out in the desert this year if I'd joined a TA unit 7 years ago instead of an OTC.

Well at least I have the memories of all the happy times at QUOTC...oh no's all a drunken blur.

At least there's the rumours of what happened.

If you want to make a career in TA join a unit other than an OTC.
  15. i want to make a career in the army not the ta!