Numerals On NATO Miniatures?

Discussion in 'Officers' started by arse-eye, May 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's the official line on this one?

I always thought they were worn on full size medals only, but I've recently seen a few on peoples miniatures.

Just wondered. ;)

2. Yeah, they go on. Got a number 2 on my Kosovo medal and have seen a fair few others with numerals on their NATO medals.

3. Why ask, are you jealous? Mess dress is not service dress as I am sure you are aware. Minatures are replicants of the full size ones, I had assumed the title 'Minature" might have given the game away.

4. Any one know where I can get a miniature numeral? Bronze in colour? Only seem to be able to get full size, they look a bit out of context.

5. Numerals are to be worn on full size medals only.

I'll dig out a reference for it, but I was also told by the Household Division tailor.

6. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

My tailor says that if you ring the Medal's Office they will give youu the definitive answer which, according to them, is a big NO. Silly really, we ought to mount a campaign to have miniature numerals made since the lack thereof is the given reason why you can't. There are those who have spent 28 days in theatre and those who have cumulatively spent years. It seems quite unjust not to distinguish between them in mess kit.

7. I must say that it surprises me. After all, all other emblems (clasps, rosettes, etc) are worn in miniature. So why not the numerals?

8. I fully agree, HPF. I wear numerals on my minatures.

the_Bat

9. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

The DS answer given is that miniature numerals do not exist, ergo you cannot use them with miniatures. Hence the need for a Campaign for Campaign Numerals!

10. Now don't you just feel a cock?

Thanks for your informative reply all the same.

;)

11. Numerals on gongs? what a load of walter pish. Do the job and with luck, go home. The end.

12. :lol: Too True, only personnel in my experience who've been seen wearing minature numerals have only had one or two (QJM) and are trying to impress.

Go somewhere hot and sunny you'll get another.