Numbers of TA on Ops - Urgent

I've been slightly stiffed and been tasked (at short notice) to come up witht the current figures, for:

a) TA soldiers currently on Ops (Telic/Herrick etc)

b) Totally number of TA soldiers that have been deployed to date.

So, instead of trying Regional Forces at Land etc, I thought it would be quicker to go to the Forum.

Many thanks

Slightly journo type question (although looking through your past posts you dont seem to be one).

Thats surely is a stiffing and a half!! I havent got a clue where to even suggest that you start!

Tough call,

a) TA soldiers currently on Ops - Less than the answer to B

b) Totally number of TA soldiers that have been deployed to date. - More than the answer to A!!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
From ACGS Newsletter August 2005 : http://acgs.defence.mod.uk/acgs/other/documents/ACGS_Newsletter/ACGSNewsletter52.pdf

Army Deployments Overview Page 2 (more detail there which cannot be reproduced on this means)

Mob Reservists 1,020

The period February to June (2005) has seen the changeover from Op TELIC 5 (4 Armd Bde) to Op TELIC 6 (12 Mech Bde). During this period a large number of TA sub-units have been deployed in support of Regular units in both brigades. These have included for Op TELIC 5: a troop from the Royal WessexYeomanry (RWxY) supporting the RDG, a troop from 101 Regt RA (V) supporting 4Regt RA, a composite Force Protection (FP)Coy from The East and West riding Regiment
(EWRR) and Tyne-Tees Regiment and over200 individual reinforcements. For Op TELIC 6: 205 Fd Hosp, a troop from theRoyal Mercian and Lancastrian Yeomanry (RMLY) supporting the KRH and a troop from 105 Regt RA (V) supporting 19 Regt RA. A composite FP Company from The Royal Rifle Volunteers (RRV) and 3 PWRR are providing protection to HQ MND (SE)

Since the high water mark of 20% reported in July 2004, the TA and Reserves have continued to provide some 10-12% of the total number of ground force personnel deployed on Op TELIC. Outside Iraq the TA continues to support operations in both the Balkans and Afghanistan. While formed TA sub units are
no longer deploying to either theatre, individual reinforcements continue to augment Regular deployed units with 70 deployed in the Balkans and 40 in
Afghanistan.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
...and if that doesn't do the trick, further to my last

http://www.operations.mod.uk/telic/key.htm

UK Military Personnel in Iraq
As at the end of September 2005, there were around 8,500 UK military personnel deployed in Iraq. Once the current roulement has completed in November 2005, this number should fall to around 8000. The total number of UK personnel deployed on Operation TELIC as a whole is higher – around 10,000 – as this includes personnel involved in the operation but not in Iraq itself (for example Royal Navy ships in the Gulf).
The number of UK military personnel deployed in Iraq has changed over time:
Peak during Major Combat Operations (March/April 2003): 46,000
At the end of May 2003: 18,000
At the end of May 2004: 8,600
At the end of May 2005: 8,500

The overwhelming majority of UK personnel in Iraq are based in South-East Iraq, with a small number based in Baghdad and around the country to liaise and co-ordinate with other Coalition and Iraqi forces. A complete list of UK Forces deployed on Operation TELIC can be found here.

A guy that I know(well sort of he sits along from me and farts a lot) Has been. I'm sure his third uncle's, little cousin is going soon. He may be able to count them, while he's there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Commons Written Answers 2 Nov 05:
Mr. Touhig: Since March 2003 some 1,275 infantry Territorial Army (TA) privates have served in Iraq in an infantry role, which represents approximately 12 per cent. of the total TA contribution.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
hackle said:
Commons Written Answers 2 Nov 05:
Mr. Touhig: Since March 2003 some 1,275 infantry Territorial Army (TA) privates have served in Iraq in an infantry role, which represents approximately 12 per cent. of the total TA contribution.
What was the question posed to Mr Touhig that singled out Inf Ptes ?

I could understand asking how many Inf have been deployed, but the question - or perhaps just his answer - seems very specific.

Pips - if you are serving then contact Directorate of Joint Commitments, they have this info to hand as it is regularly given out in briefings.