Numbers of TA on Ops - Urgent

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pips, Nov 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been slightly stiffed and been tasked (at short notice) to come up witht the current figures, for:

a) TA soldiers currently on Ops (Telic/Herrick etc)

b) Totally number of TA soldiers that have been deployed to date.

So, instead of trying Regional Forces at Land etc, I thought it would be quicker to go to the Forum.

Many thanks

2. Slightly journo type question (although looking through your past posts you dont seem to be one).

Thats surely is a stiffing and a half!! I havent got a clue where to even suggest that you start!

3. Tough call,

a) TA soldiers currently on Ops - Less than the answer to B

b) Totally number of TA soldiers that have been deployed to date. - More than the answer to A!!

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

From ACGS Newsletter August 2005 : http://acgs.defence.mod.uk/acgs/other/documents/ACGS_Newsletter/ACGSNewsletter52.pdf

Army Deployments Overview Page 2 (more detail there which cannot be reproduced on this means)

Mob Reservists 1,020

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

...and if that doesn't do the trick, further to my last

http://www.operations.mod.uk/telic/key.htm

6. I've been - is that any help?

I can ask around the TAC for you?

7. A guy that I know(well sort of he sits along from me and farts a lot) Has been. I'm sure his third uncle's, little cousin is going soon. He may be able to count them, while he's there :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Goatman,

Many thanks for your help - just what I needed.

Cheers

9. Commons Written Answers 2 Nov 05:

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

What was the question posed to Mr Touhig that singled out Inf Ptes ?

I could understand asking how many Inf have been deployed, but the question - or perhaps just his answer - seems very specific.

11. RFCA quote "TA have deployed equivalent of 19 Bns" !

12. Pips - if you are serving then contact Directorate of Joint Commitments, they have this info to hand as it is regularly given out in briefings.

13. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Nitschevo Gospodin