Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nuclear weapons to become illegal

endure

GCM
As long as POTUS doesn’t waffle, those Roman candles will be in the air. An incoming counter force strike won’t look like meteors, and I will have less then thirty minutes left on this planet.
Just time to nip to the off licence (liquor store if you're a Yank)

No they won't. The US will not launch missiles in response to a mere seeming attack detected on a radar screen.

Wrong...The US will launch if multiple launches are detected on a radar screen. It's called launch on warning. There are two other scenarios where the US will launch it's nukes, I'll let you look for them yourself.

The technology to detect a launch from another country has come on a long way since the cold war.

Mattb

LE
I don’t think we are tracking, the force of an explosion will damage said missile. God forbid it gets pelted with any form of shrapnel. A wrench will KO a missile.

Here is a video of the maintainers in action and you can see inside the silo.
The missiles are fragile, but that's precisely why they have a 90-ton armoured door in the first place. It's not just to keep the rain out.