Nuclear Testing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by davyskuller, Jan 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Had a look and couldn't see if this had been done so apologies in advance if it has :oops: ! Stumbled accross this story and thought it may be worthy of discussion amongst the many fine(and not so fine) intellects on ARRSE!!
  2. Interesting article. I note that the MoD make no mention of this on their web-site.
  3. There was also a large nuclear and other weapons testing concern in Maralinga, Australia in the 50's and 60's - My father (ex RN) was there and spent time with a load of Sappers helping to carry out explosives testing there.
  4. Seems a bit harsh that there is no sort of compensation or even acknowldgement on the MOD's behalf. Outrage bus?
  5. Obviously I can sympathise with anyone who has an illness related to nuclear testing but I can also understand MODs point of view;

A lot of these guys (and in some cases their off-spring) are going down with things that people who have never been involved in testing are going down with.

A difficult one for MOD