Nuclear submarine burning in Murmansk

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bigeye, Dec 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The place I'm working at the moment are getting quite excited about a fire at the naval Shipyard in Murmansk. Apparently a nuclear sub caught fire after wooden scaffolding ignited.

Doesn't sound as though there was anything on board that would go bang - the reactor was probably shut down for repairs. Fire + Nuclear + Russia = excitement.

No Radiation Threat In Fire On Russian Nuclear Submarine | Fox News

2. Don't worry SuperPutin will fly to the scene and solve the problem with his bare hands.

3. Well, here's hoping that anything and everything docked alongside it ignites as well.

4. In the spirit of the holiday season, there is no charge for fixing that.^~

5. They may just be smoking it if they are putting it in preservation. Works on kippers.

• Like Like x 5
  6. **** me. I told the news desk I'd float the story on a reputable Military Website to see what sort of expert opinions I garner...(*looks up) and just take a look at that lot of crud.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You still ill?

8. "reputable Military Website"

LOL you kidding ?

9. Not so's you'd notice. No proper boozing so no proper hangovers.

10. You work in the MEJA. Don't you know what PAT-RO-NI-ZING means?

11. At least you didn't offer to fly the sailor's families in so they could sit around a big Christmas fire.

• Like Like x 2
  12. You contribute to topical website... Don't you know what IRO-KNEE means?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

there's a whole sinking fleet up there so one more wont make any difference to the radioactive algae plume

14. Panic over - it's one of their latest subs..

sub.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. I do know what IRN-BRU means.