Nuala OLoan strikes again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by scotscop, Jan 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How many more lives would have been lost if the RUC insisted on being squaky clean and not having informers?

2. Why the feck didn't they just come clean earlier on and say 'Yes we did because we were fighting a bunch of murdering terrorists who thought nothing about killing innocent women and children'.

Yes, I know, we shouldn't admit that we stooped to their levels but it would have taken the wind out of Sinn Fein/IRA's sails.

3. Good to see the Retired Police Officers challenged Nuala's dept to disclose any criminal behaviour by officers. They have not done so.

Her son was cautioned for sectarian abuse. The Police Ombudsman is supposed to show political impartiality. She comes from an active nationalist background with its traditional Irish unity agenda.

Click::

http://www.ivanfoster.org/article.asp?date=9/2/2006&seq=2

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Will Nuala O'Fenian be investigating whether or not members of the Garda Siochana colluded with PIRA? Or how many Catholic priests assisted terrorists?

The Ombudsman's Office is just another aspect of Bliar's Sinn Fein/IRA appeasement policy.

5. It’s a bit stupid really, why would you pay a tout who did not know anything. Terrorism is not a spectator sport, if you were not involved then your info was not worth much.

“Sorry Billy can’t come out to play tonight the peelers said that now I am giving them info I’m not to be involved”

6. John Snow on Channel 4 tonight was bumping his gums about those who failed to co-operate losing their pensions. It seemed to be the only thing that he was interested in. What an arrsehole.

7. As with Stevens and Saville,there seems to be a mania in Ulster to look back on past events,by using today's standards.The Ombudsman's report is but the latest manifestation of the genre.War-and that's what it was-makes strange bedfellows on all sides.As one poster has already said,most touts had to be turned/used from active participants in the Troubles,rather than from a church ladies tea party.

Those involved with this process used touts to gain information,and some handlers were used by the touts.There were casualties on all sides,in this activity.It seems quite unrealistic to hammer one side,while disregarding all other sides.But that's not how NU Labour sees Ulster,so everyone has to go through these kinds of 'reports'

Stevens has achieved little,apart from getting a couple of Prods killed.Stevens himself insinuates at a Press Conference that the military were 'corrupt' and this from a man who ran a large and partially corrupt organisation himself! Saville says that he'll need another year to finish his report.When will it all end?? Not while Nu labour are the referees.As for Hain's comments,he's only trying to feather his own political nest.Nothing more or less.

Rant over.

8. What about Security Force collusion with the IRA? Nuala seems to have conveniently forgotten about that.

A little reminder for her - Eamon Collins, a PIRA Intelligence Officer, used his position in HM Customs to target other members of the SF for assassination by PIRA. Does that count as SF collusion, or does it only count when Loyalist paramilitaries are involved?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eamon_Collins

9. Ah-Eamon Collins-He of the HM Customs scout car operation down on the border.Beaten to death by his own lot-eventually.QED no enquiry! Your point about the present regime in Ulster not enquiring into anything to do wsith PIRA is well made.That would not be very Nu labour-would it?

10. Delete: Police Ombudsman
    Insert: Secretary of state for Northern Ireland

11. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Collusion with PIRA takes many forms. Their informers or moles passed on information about terrorist activities that they themselves were involved in. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "conspiracy and planning terrorism" also a serious offence.
    If anyone wants a true account of events check out this guy:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0717139506/?tag=armrumser-21
    While Adams and his PIRA cohorts balter on about practises of yesteryear ask the question: What about all the unsolved PIRA murders?
    :frustrated:

12. Storm in a teacup. Who gives a toss how some terrorists were killed?

Apart from Jon Snow et al, and supporters of those terrorists.

13. I was surprised when Peter Hain (at least I believe it was he), when interviewed by Paxman on Newsnight last night described what happened in NI as a "war". My opinion on that was he had given free political points to the republican terrorists. They called it a "war" when they blew up pubs on mainland Britain, killed Australian tourists in Europe and so on. How is that a "war"? If the state was prepared for war, things, in my opinion, would have been rather different. Terrorists methods could have been used against them, but then is that something the state can legitimately do? Beating the terrorists at their own game would have produced results
    but does that make the state little more than a murder organisation with international recognition?

I agree with posters who say that events in NI are being investigated using todays standards- but were the standards of 30 years ago "better" than todays?While I don't believe it is right to cave in to the republican side after continual badgering and let them get a new tribunal, at the same time, was Widgery (sp?) a fair and balanced inquiry? Were the standards it applied fair?

Also, can O'Loain investigate the Gardai? Or is it only occurances/organisations in NI she can investigate?

14. I was surprised when Peter Hain (at least I believe it was he), when interviewed by Paxman on Newsnight last night described what happened in NI as a "war". My opinion on that was he had given free political points to the republican terrorists. They called it a "war" when they blew up pubs on mainland Britain, killed Australian tourists in Europe and so on. How is that a "war"? If the state was prepared for war, things, in my opinion, would have been rather different. Terrorists methods could have been used against them, but then is that something the state can legitimately do? Beating the terrorists at their own game would have produced results
    but does that make the state little more than a murder organisation with international recognition?

I agree with posters who say that events in NI are being investigated using todays standards- but were the standards of 30 years ago "better" than todays?While I don't believe it is right to cave in to the republican side after continual badgering and let them get a new tribunal, at the same time, was Widgery (sp?) a fair and balanced inquiry? Were the standards it applied fair?

Also, can O'Loain investigate the Gardai? Or is it only occurances/organisations in NI she can investigate?