NTT jpa

After some advice. My unit are delaying my NTT process by saying I have to have interviews with multiple people who are never avaliable. I was also told if I do the clicks on JPA without it I can get charged. Is there any truth to that? Does anyone know of any DIN's or JSP's reference right to NTT. I've looked online and can't find anything.

One of my lads did his clicks on jpa, notification came to me, I had actually already interviewed him, I clicked approve, and off it went, electronically, to the BSM for the next interview/action.
I assume it is still the same.

I call BS on the getting charged for doing the clicks.

Let me guess your unit (like the whole of the army) has a problem with retention and instead of dealing with why people are leaving they are instead making it as difficult as possible to leave.

After some advice. My unit are delaying my NTT process by saying I have to have interviews with multiple people who are never avaliable. I was also told if I do the clicks on JPA without it I can get charged. Is there any truth to that? Does anyone know of any DIN's or JSP's reference right to NTT. I've looked online and can't find anything.
No! :)

To add: all your are doing is expressing your desire to leave, it is merely the start of the process.

Can I be sensible for a moment.

The persons he is probably being asked to chat with before he pushes the buttons should be his line manager and the RCMO.

This is to ensure that he really does want to sign off (ie. not some other ******** on his JPA Login, or he's just been spammed for a weekend guard and is angry but doesn't actually really want to sign off and is just frustrated etc etc etc)

And, it's to ensure that there aren't any underlying issues that could be dealt with at that level - bullying, postings, retrading, promotions, tours etc etc.

I'm not saying that some Units might be delaying the process by putting an unreasonable amount of time for those interviews, but I fully believe in the principle that the Army should be checking these things for the benefit of the soldier, the unit and the Army - it's just good management/leadership.

As for charging them, well that is and always was the last resort of failed leadership.

What verticalgyro said, but I may add that once the process has been started on JPA the chain of command have a responsibility to respond to the request of the notice, failure to do so will result in the request going further and further up the chain, until such a time when the MA to CGS calls the CO of the unit to ask him what he is up to.

You have every right to give your notice, you cannot be charged for doing so. I encountered people saying the same to me that I should speak to them first. My answer was "Why?"

I took myself off a juniora course due to an injury I had and had a long hard think about what I wanted to do, the Army was not in my future plans so when I returned to my unit later that day I logged onto JPA and did the seven clicks to heaven. I was rather happy when I had submitted my notice and no conversation would have changed my mind.

I advise submit your notice then bang your tabs in and inform your coc that you have done so on JPA to confirm it was you. If they try charge you then submit a service complaint, what have you got to lose.

Thanks for the responses guys. My issue is I spoke to my chain of command 2 weeks ago and they keep putting of the interviews over and over and giving me crap excuses. That are just complete lies. I was hoping to find a jsp or something as proof so when they tried to screw me over I could show them

If you are sure it what you want and you have served the return of service do it.

Thanks for the responses guys. My issue is I spoke to my chain of command 2 weeks ago and they keep putting of the interviews over and over and giving me crap excuses. That are just complete lies. I was hoping to find a jsp or something as proof so when they tried to screw me over I could show them
Have you got proof of this? Ie they sent you an email?

As mentioned above. You can hit the seven clicks and there is nothing that they can do to you other than be a bit intransigent during your final year.

If you haven't got written proof you've been asking for two weeks get it.

Ie an email asking for a meeting on x day at x hours and is it possible to back date your sign off date to when you originally asked.

Your unit should have a retention and ntt policy. See if you can find it. I'll bet money there is a time frame for them to interview you.

Are you sure that the excuses are 'lies'? They will want to give you a thorough and fair interview.

Last edited:
If they really are dragging their heels go to welfare. I'd recommend just signing off however it will displease your CoC and won't end well for you.

Also you can back date your NTT to day you originally asked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If they really are dragging their heels go to welfare. I'd recommend just signing off however it will displease your CoC and won't end well for you.

Also you can back date your NTT to day you originally asked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That is when you fight back with service complaints if they try a bunch of silliness.

put in your 7 clicks; they may not accept it until all the interviews are complete, but the clock will start running from the moment you press the 7th button.

They can't charge you for putting your notice in.

The simple act of putting in your NTT will start the engagement process between your CoC and you. However, as someone else has said, make sure you keep a record of the dates of meetings, cancellations and reasons for them too - just in case! Good luck with your resettlement - it passes very quickly!