NSN REQUEST

Discussion in 'REME' started by AFG3511K, Jun 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. PLEASE HELP - ( I GUESS I WILL GET SOME ABUSE BUT ABUSE IS FREE DONT WANT TO SPEND CASH AT THE LOCAL DIY STORE FOR MILITARY NEEDS IF I CAN HELP IT )

We need to get hold of some inspection socket ends for the TSC fleet. Blue and white connectors that fit the TSC and TCOPO box.

People might know them as caravan sockets. If anyone has the male and female NSNs it would be appreciated - SCOC disc is not a help in this one.

Thanks

2. alb

alb Clanker

From what I can remember at 3 Bn we had to local purchase them. You can buy them in a host of shops and they are not that expensive. My top tip is after you wire them check the phases you are connecting them to as we found a couple wired incorrectly (Live and Neutral in the wrong holes) and its also worth while checking the earth goes somewhere like to the earth as that can also be a problem as we found. Apart from the that the only other drama you will have is getting the cash for them from someone who thinks the money is actually their own. I wish you luck.

3. latest kit mag i read was indicating numbers for a new 4 gang adaptor for use with feps showing male female connectors check it out
    if notring an engineer regt they go through shed loads of them as i remember.

4. Long shot - the old Stallion welding kit 711 had the numbers in it - as did the CES. Not sure if the AESPs will still be around with the new Merkles being in. Worth a look though.
    I seem to remember they were called 'connector, free electrical' or something
    God, I am fcuking sad...

5. Alb

when you were at 3Bn they had a knob as RQMS Tech.....................need I say any more.....