[NSFW] Scientology

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Critical_Blue, Nov 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now, I'm not one for all this conspiracy business, however I am the kind of person who questions things that seem a little... well, fcuked up.

Take a look at this presentation. Seems hard not to believe that these people are actually very dangerous...

!!! Warning !!! Contains graphic pictures of black-tagged persons

Click Here for Presentation

2. sound like a load of mumbojumbo shoite to me.
    easy answer, don't give yer money to these folks
    nuff said

3. Anyone had these nutjobs trying to convert them?

4. They used to hang around Poole and Weymouth a few years ago. Never bothered me but started chatting up one of the guys on the same course as I was. He only went along to the meeting because he thought a shag was possible.

5. Seriously scary stuff. Like all cults. And religion in general if i'm honest!

6. I like them. They enliven my days.

7. To each his own??? Looks like a load of old Boll@cks to me.
    In my oppinion Tom Cruise is a d!ck

8. Any religion that thinks Tom Cruise is god must be wrong in the head. I heard Isaac Hayes quit southpark because they kept taking the p!ss out of Tom cruise and Scientology so in the next episode they made chef a kiddy fiddler. Childish i know but a fine way to deal with a religion that was only started as a bet.

9. lol, I did my sociology coursework on these freaks.

basically a guy called Xenu created these pissed off spirits called thetans.

thetans attach themselves onto humans as soon as they are born, thus depriving them of their 'god-like strength'.

so what goes on is you have to pay to get rid of these thetans by doing some lame procedure, and eventually you'll be able to think clearly, never get ill, and fly and stuff.

it was created by L-Ron Hubbard (a science fiction writer)

on top of this bullshit it stops people taking drugs (the good ones!) including women giving birth ect, it's more represive than literal Islam, and genrally fooks all the nieve folks that go near them.

10. Even the smallest amount of internet research will show you how dangerous these people are: just like any other cult, but with celebrity endorsement! Unfortunately there is also a large amount of bullsh1t around both from scientologists and their opponents. I suppose the only way to find out the truth is to join them: ARRSE invasion anyone?

What annoys me most, though, is that scientology proves that Tom Cruise has become obscenely rich and famous, despite being as thick as a whale omelette :x (here I am brain the size of a planet etc etc).

11. I don't know if they still do, but they had offices/HQ in Poole. One of them managed to talk me into accompanying him back to the office one afternoon in 2004. He was keen to ask me about my various ailments, producing numerous pieces of "authorative literature" on each. Once bored with this creep, I left, unconvinced.

12. I like him, he's edgy as fu*k, I coudn't give a toss about his religion, but I'd love to see him after a few beers and a bottle of Tequila.

13. daz

daz LE

And smash some gobby feckers kneecaps in, or perhaps headbutt the tosser in the balls 8O :D

14. I actually went to a couple of meetings in LA (well I was travelling and they give you a free IQ and 'personality test', oh and free tea and coffee!). It's a good way to while away the afternoon. :wink:

I think it's quite funny really. We are all scared of things we don't understand- including them. But they are really just a whole bunch of psychologists trying to get under your skin. I guess it works with some people- especially the vulnerable. Don't believe all the hype. 8O And don't give them money!

We all know that religion can do funny things to people.............