• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

NRPS

They can't go on tours but they can go on excercise,they are exempt from MATTS but I've know people who do them anyway for fun and to prove they can still do the buisness.

But Their main job is to run things at the TAC (having spent a few days helping out at my old TAC I would hesitate to call what they do work, as I have yet to witness any work taking place)

Mostly they are older guys nearing the end of thier TA career. It looks boring from what I've seen but a jobs a job.

To quote from MATTs FAQs:

NRPS are TA Group B personnel and must pass MATTs ‘commensurate with the unit that they are part of ’
TA Regs Amendment 29 dated Nov 05 states ‘NRPS personnel are required to comply with the same mandatory annual training tests laid down in Army Training Directives as all other TA personnel. They are to attend training nights, training weekends and camp (whether at home or abroad) if required to do so by the commanding officer.’

The whole ethos of NRPS has changed with the introduction of the NRPS 05 contract. Terms & Conditons of Service can be found in TA Regs Chapt 6, which you can link via ArmyNet

M

Mr_Logic

mark1234 said:
They can't go on tours but they can go on excercise,they are exempt from MATTS but I've know people who do them anyway for fun and to prove they can still do the buisness.

But Their main job is to run things at the TAC (having spent a few days helping out at my old TAC I would hesitate to call what they do work, as I have yet to witness any work taking place)

Mostly they are older guys nearing the end of thier TA career. It looks boring from what I've seen but a jobs a job.
mark1234

NRPS exempt from MATTS, I don't think so! The only copy of TA Regs that I have access to is a bit out date but does state:

Training

6.015. NRPS personnel are required to comply with the same mandatory annual training tests laid down in Army Training Directives [this has now probably been amended to say MATTS] as all other TA personnel. They are to attend training nights, training weekends and camp (whether at home or abroad) if required to do so by the commanding officer.

As I understand it, NRPS are full time TA personnel. They take the money and should be prepared to do their duty, as required by TA Regs. If the CoC let them get away with not wearing uniform or not maintaining personal standards, then the CoC are being weak and not getting value for money.

M

Mr_Logic

Beaten to it by theflyinghandbag! Damn these bratty fingers.

However, its gratifying that you got the same quote from two different sources within minutes of your post. ARRSE works.

They didn't have to do ITD tests though did they?

I remember a SGT telling me he didn't have to do a CFT because he was NRPS, but he likes doing them anyway.

So are they now able to go on tours?

Under the new TOS, yes NRPS can be deployed. And the ones on the old TOS are being 'firmly pushed' towards signing up to the new TOS.

Now, if you make them postable, they will effectively be Regulars again!

GreenSlime said:
Now, if you make them postable, they will effectively be Regulars again![/quote]

IMHO I believe that the introduction of the NRPS 05 contract is just a "holding position" until the VEng is firmly established. Current NRPS on the old TACOS will waste out and when the new 05 contract ends those NRPS will be replaced by VEng soldiers as suggested by the VEng Briefing Note:

"Long Career. The Long Career of the VEng will subsume the LSL. This will benefit soldiers as they will remain on the same conditions whilst filling those posts. Subject to further work, the Long Career of the VEng could also subsume NRPS posts over time and on a ‘waste out’ basis."

Excellent! Rather than having someone develop in the post we will have some muppet who, just as they learn the ropes, gets posted away!!

I'm looking forward to the VVEng (Very Versatile..) whereby all personnel, full or part-time, are paid for the days they actually turn up in uniform and do a full days work!! Of course we'll need time clocks.....

All is now clear(ish), however what is meant by camp?

Is this only being made to support the Unit annual camp........or is it supporting regular Army Units and replacing a regular because there is no regular?

Definition of Training
2.031. Training consists of:
a. Camp that consists of 15 days continuous training at unit camp, on an attachment or a course. (Section 22(1)
RFA 96 permits up to 16 days to be required, but 15 days will continue to be the maximum period of in camp
training required by the TA.) Alternatively individuals may attend a reduced camp (see paras 2.081b & c), a
split camp or camps (see para 2.081d), a short course or courses, attachment(s) or modular training in lieu. The
aggregated periods of alternative forms of continuous training must total 8 or more days as laid down in para
7.055 if they are to count towards bounty. The outstanding balance to make good 15 days training must be
achieved by attending extra out of camp training.

Hope that answers your question. It is highly unlikely that NRPS would be called upon to support courses run by external traning establishments but could be called upon to support internally run / administered unit courses eg a Courses Camp instead of a 15 day exercise

Thankd theflyinghandbag - the Unit I am interested in supports the regular Army in its day to day business - the NRPS job Iam interested in is fine in its current form, however they are being asked to do more - i.e. psuedo regular without the ops deployments. Support to regular exercises and the like.

NRPS (Not Really Proper STABS) can be asked to attend at drill nights & weekends by their CO. They also have to do their MATTS as previously stated. However, whilst they can go on OTX & normal exercises they have to be asked to deploy on ops & sign a form saying they are happy to do so. They also get paid the same as per their TA rank but do not get any of the X factor.
VEng will eventually take over all Long Service and NRPS posts. Arms & Services are supposed to be identifying those posts that are suitable for VEng now. It will have to be brought in on a waste out basis as there is no money around to pay for redundancy or constructive dismissal proceedings!
Remember, not all NRPS are total wasters as some work their nuts off, just like not all regs are ARABS and not all TA are STABS.

catterick_commando said:
Thankd theflyinghandbag - the Unit I am interested in supports the regular Army in its day to day business - the NRPS job Iam interested in is fine in its current form, however they are being asked to do more - i.e. psuedo regular without the ops deployments. Support to regular exercises and the like.
You're welcome :D

The tempo for NRPS certainly does seem to have been raised. From what I have seen, both as a Reg PSI and now NRPS, each NRPS role differs greatly according to unit and the way the CoC perceive what their NRPS should do.

So if you are interested in an NRPS vacancy do your homework on the unit. Are you going to be at a unit whereby you will have a TA equivilant? If so you should find that you "may / should" not be required as much as someone who does not have a TA equivilant.

Good luck if you decide to go ahead and apply and if all does not work out then you can always use it as extended resettlement with the 61 days notice to quit :wink:

Englishspringer said:
NRPS (Not Really Proper STABS) can be asked to attend at drill nights & weekends by their CO. They also have to do their MATTS as previously stated. However, whilst they can go on OTX & normal exercises they have to be asked to deploy on ops & sign a form saying they are happy to do so. They also get paid the same as per their TA rank but do not get any of the X factor.
VEng will eventually take over all Long Service and NRPS posts. Arms & Services are supposed to be identifying those posts that are suitable for VEng now. It will have to be brought in on a waste out basis as there is no money around to pay for redundancy or constructive dismissal proceedings!
Remember, not all NRPS are total wasters as some work their nuts off, just like not all regs are ARABS and not all TA are STABS.
Very True the One At Dumbatons TAC is Great Lad and puts in a lot of his own time to make sure the job gets done right!...

You lot is Winding me up !!!!.Our NRPS (CQMS) whinges like fck if he has to do a full day in the TAC. He has more holidays than that bird that did the holiday prog.
NRPS pissed 'em
All the Bessst B_T
:x

Latest Threads