Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

NRPS STAFF - LOSS OF RILOR

madmickg

Swinger
I FIND IT INCREDULOUS THAT AFTER SERVING FOR 22 YEARS AS A REGULAR, AND NOW 3 YEARS AS NRPS, THE MOD STILL GET TO SHAFT ME !!!

WHEN I TOOK ON THE JOB, I WAS TOLD I COULD LOCATE ANYWHERE IN A 50 MILE RADIUS, AND WOULD BE PAID TRAVEL ALLOWANCE (RILOR)

NOW, THE PENNY PINCHING BEUROCRATS ARE TAKING IT OFF NRPS STAFF FROM 2010, WITH GLIB STATEMENTS LIKE" WE ARE GIVING YOU A LONG LEAD IN TIME TO THIS SO YOU CAN MAKE THE APPROPRIATE LIFESTYLE CHANGES"

I AM GOING TO LOSE NEARLY £200 A MONTH - WHAT LIFESTYLE CHANGES SHOULD I MAKE?? STOP EATING MAYBE...STOP FEEDING MY CHILDREN??

MAYBE THEY SHOULD BE LOOKING AT GETING RID OF SOME LAZY OVERPAID USELESS MP'S, WHO ARE ON AVERAGE CLAIMING £25000 A YEAR IN EXPENSES.....TEN TIMES WHAT I GET!!

WHEN I TOOK THE JOB, I LOCATED TO SOMEWHERE I COULD AFFORD A MORTGAGE, AND STILL TRAVEL A REASONABLE DISTANCE TO WORK.

REGULAR SOLDIERS WILL STILL GET THIS ALLOWANCE, AND JUST TO REALLY FCUK US OFF, SO WILL THE T.A.......JUST NOT NRPS STAFF.

I THINK ITS ABOUT TIME THE NRPS STAFF GOT TOGETHER ON THINGS LIKE THESE, AND HAD OUR VOICES HEARD, AS THERE ISN'T ANYONE LOOKING AFTER OUR BACKS.

I find it incredulous [sic] that after so long in you thought you would be treated fairly by the system.

msr
P.S. Press the 'Caps Lock' key.

I AM GOING TO LOSE NEARLY £200 A MONTH - WHAT LIFESTYLE CHANGES SHOULD I MAKE?? STOP EATING MAYBE...STOP FEEDING MY CHILDREN??

I am a trifle confused here - firstly, I have to pay my own travel expenses to and from work, and did so for the 4 years i travelled an hour each way each day - and that is mild compared to some people, but more significantly there are two points you seem to be missing:

a. you are having a perk revoked by the MOD - which is bad news for you - but you seem to have forgotten why you were given it. it was there to cover your travel expenses, not as an additional income. it was never to feed you or your children!

b. there are things you could do to minimise the travel costs - longterm use of public transport, car sharing with a colleague or someone working near you, buying a smaller less powerful car and ensuring your driving style conserves petrol and brakes.

Yes, you will miss it - but your post has exposed why they are taking it away - it is given to cover travel expenses, but is received as an additional salary ... get over it

okay, so you pay your own expenses to travel to work....but like me, that is what you accepted as part of the package when you took your job.

and the bit about feeding my children was not saying that was what i use the money for.... strangely enough i use it to pay for diesel to travel to work......the example was given because i will no longer have this money, and will have to find the £200 from somewhere else..i.e food money.
if the mod hadnt included this in the package in the first place then i wouldnt have taken this job...i would have found something closer to home, but hey did, so to just remove it now is pants. especially when they are still giving the allowance to the t.a.

and yes, maybe i should have known better after 25 years with the mod....but we keep hoping.

Then perhaps now is the time to start looking for something nearer home - no wait, you will have to do a 40 hour week like the rest of us, no 'Tea and Toas't from 1030-1100, one hour lunch, NAAFI break from 1430-1500 and knock off NLT 1630.

msr

My season ticket in to London is 3 grand a year.

Some might think that an NRPS job is a bit of a cushy number. Some might want to either move home, or just let go of the Army and get a proper job... ;-)

hmm, dont know where you get your information from, but guess its from inside your head.
i work a lot more than 40 hour week for your info, i work weekends, have to go on the two week t.a. camp. work from 8 in the morning till 2200 on a tue as its the t.a night, so its very easy to talk c**p when you have no idea.
yes there are pluses and minuses to the job, but thats the same with every job in every walk of life.
i dont have a naffi break, dont take a lunch hour, dont have tea and toast, and dont have an afternoon naafi break, but then again, i never moaned about the hours i work, just about being shafted over travel expenses, so please before you reply, actually take a minute to think about what you are writing....better to be accurate than not

the_guru said:
My season ticket in to London is 3 grand a year.

Some might think that an NRPS job is a bit of a cushy number. Some might want to either move home, or just let go of the Army and get a proper job... ;-)

So NRPS isn't a proper job then? And you've let go because?? you're attempting to live the dream on ARRSE. Get fcuking real NRPS are as entitled to RILOR as any other serviceman.

well!well!well!!!!!
For the amount of work an NRPS does within the TA(the ones Ive come across and worked with as an ex-reg and TA soldier)Im surprised most of the "antiquated old swindling has-beens" get paid as much as they do??
They definately dont earn there money,especially certain QPSIs that Ive come across in my time.
Im sure you will make your money up if your a QPSI,by flogging off a bit of military kit here and there,like most of them do.Regards.

old_1RGJ said:
well!well!well!!!!!
For the amount of work an NRPS does within the TA(the ones Ive come across and worked with as an ex-reg and TA soldier)Im surprised most of the "antiquated old swindling has-beens" get paid as much as they do??
They definately dont earn there money,especially certain QPSIs that Ive come across in my time.
Im sure you will make your money up if your a QPSI,by flogging off a bit of military kit here and there,like most of them do.Regards.

I agree with you old falling plate but have you heard of NRPS 05, this give the individual a 5 year contract and at the end he/she has to board for his/own job, this is stop the lazy fat cnuts that you are talking about. Hi ho hi ho it's off to work we go with shovel and .........

madmickg said:
I FIND IT INCREDULOUS THAT AFTER SERVING FOR 22 YEARS AS A REGULAR, AND NOW 3 YEARS AS NRPS, THE MOD STILL GET TO SHAFT ME !!!

I think you should be gratefull that the MoD even gave you a job. If I had my way the NRPS system would be abolished.

Gunner_REMF said:
old_1RGJ said:
well!well!well!!!!!

I agree with you old falling plate but have you heard of NRPS 05, this give the individual a 5 year contract and at the end he/she has to board for his/own job, this is stop the lazy fat cnuts that you are talking about. Hi ho hi ho it's off to work we go with shovel and .........

Now Mr Gunner la de da, "falling plates" in my days in the Province were the Green Howards. As for the Hi Ho bit...... oh dear or dear. I'd best avoid the East End of Laaandaaan if I were you.

old_1RGJ said:
well!well!well!!!!!

How dare you!

Most of us "antiquated old swindling has-beens" work bloody hard doing the jobs the TA (and in some cases Regulars) take for granted including evenings and weekends as well as working throught he daytime to enable the TA to attend their evenings, weekends and annual camps with the correct equipment etc.

We are all ex-SNCO's, WO's and Offrs who have serve a full regular/TA career and have a lot of experience to offer and help when needed, so when you think 'They definately dont earn there money' (by the way that is spelt their not there) just remember the next time you need anything and go crawling to your QPSI what you have said! Hopefully your QPSI is reading this and knows who you are!

Try walking a mile in someone elses shoes before you comment as the saying goes!

By the way It's bloody outrageous they're stopping RILOR!

StabTiffy2B said:
madmickg said:

I think you should be gratefull that the MoD even gave you a job. If I had my way the NRPS system would be abolished.

Yes and then the govenment would have to pay more for regular PSI's to run your TA unit when you're not there!

coax-on said:
StabTiffy2B said:
madmickg said:

Yes and then the govenment would have to pay more for regular PSI's to run your TA unit when you're not there!

Or simply ensure that those tasked with running the TA centre and TA training actually do it, rather than spend all their time on leave, playing badminton and generally doing f*ck all.