NRPS Pension

Can anyone advise me please? I am 60 in March 22 and due to start receiving my NRPS Pension. But, can I still get my NRPS Pension if I am still in FTRS Service or do I have to wait until I finish!

Advice appreciated.

Hexi Bloke

War Hero
Can anyone advise me please? I am 60 in March 22 and due to start receiving my NRPS Pension. But, can I still get my NRPS Pension if I am still in FTRS Service or do I have to wait until I finish!

Advice appreciated.
Hi Skubby,

Pretty sure you can not claim your NRPS whilst serving FTRS, I could be wrong, Im sure there are plenty of experts on here good luck!

rmn

LE
Hi Skubby,

Pretty sure you can not claim your NRPS whilst serving FTRS, I could be wrong, Im sure there are plenty of experts on here good luck!
Not totally sure but there is a GOV.UK site which might help. I suspect it is like most Government pensions in that should you change from regular to reserve your pension is held in abatement. Advise you check it out personally with them.

Advice appreciated.
I know someone who was in your situation and they got it......

You can claim as your FTRS service is not pensionable in the NRPS scheme. My understanding is that NRPS pensions are not subject to abatement rules but if I were you I would double check that aspect of things.
My understanding is that FTRS service IS pensionable, via the same rules as standard Reserve service.

Yes it is but not under the NRPS scheme. FTRS service was pensionable from 6 April 2005 until 31 March 2015 under the Reserve Service Pension Scheme and since 1 April 2015 under AFPS 15. Some RFPS members were transferred to AFPS 15 on 1 April 2015 but that is another story.

Stibbon

War Hero

Advice appreciated.

You'd need to ask the question of Glasgow to be 100% sure mate but, as another member has already said, FTRS and NRPS are not linked. NRPS pensions are paid at age 60, irrespective of whether you're still serving or not. Since (I'm guessing) you were forcibly converted from NRPS 05 to FTRS (HC), (like myself) I'd expect to get the payment at the time due (age 60) unabated and receive the FTRS one as and when you retire. ;)

Latest Threads