NRA armourer a vacancy

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Jan 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

told at HBSA tonight not only did Fred part company with the NRA before Christmas but today his former assistant the recent acting armourer Chris also jacked it in today.
    Allegations of total chaos at the NSC abound!

2. Any scandal behind the news....?

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Fred was pushed but the other one wasnt!

4. Within about 24 hours I should have some gen on an unrelated example of NRA stupidity. Wait out.

5. I trust the NRA checked their pockets when they were marched out - that armoury contains a fortune in rare, ebay-able parts and long-forgotton rifles. I bet there has never been a proper audit or schedule of whats actually in there...... and now the NRA will probably never know....

6. Do they need an armourer? Does it pay well?

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There was a panic in the pre fred era, when the armoury was accessed by the back door. An audit took place due to whispers and some quite rare pistols and revolvers had dissapeared. Oddly enough people resigned and it was covered up. Audit? If there is can they give me back all the .32 acp ammo stolen from my sect 7 box please!
    I never fired a round and it all dissapeared. I only found out when I turned up for a section 7 shoot and there it was gone, miffed doesnt describe the feeling!

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Salary I understand was pants by any standard hence the five fingered discounts taken, I understand that by now even the once full NRA museum would be likely to be thin and thats why personal stuff stored went walkabout!
    The days of historically rare pistols being discovered under beds by relatives of NRA staff and making it to the auctions are long gone allegedly! :oops:

9. And some not so forgotten. I was at the Trafalgar a couple of years ago and Fred was showing a mate and I an L39. When he knew nobody else was listening, he said he'd had the correct stamps etc made up and was quietly turning knackered old No.4s into "mint condition unfired etc" rifles. :x

10. Oddly enough I had 200 rounds of Section 7 9mm go missing in 2008. Umpteen notes and conversations have failed to get it back.

Does anyone know who Fred's direct report is/was? We had all better get our claims in because I suspect there is going to be lot of them.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I suspect that the NRA is liable, Fred went before Surrey could revoke the NSC FAC! I think that should you have any evidence such as signed chits or witness statements and e mails to the NRA, a letter to council offering them to Surrey plod may achieve the awkening effect that the soporific attitude of management since C4 has only started to lift!
    Best of luck mate
    By the way were you there last night for the P14 lecture?

12. No. I rarely get to the IWM these days - since I moved deeper in Hampshire. Was it good? BTW how was Belfast for December?

Today I am also missing the Short Siberia shoot for the first time in ages. It's snowing and I am a fair weather shooter. Pity because I need to zero/practice for the Fixed Bayonet in March.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Belfast was a tad odd, mondays was good, Tony does a good lecture and always has records to back up his research. I expect a decent publication could come from it!
    I avoid Bisley as a rule although the BSRC have a historic/classic day on 21st March, all day for £10. Not sure abot competency certs but as you are coached on Running deer it shouldnt matter!

14. Apparently, Fred is back. I have it from an extremely good source that everything was in such a state that the NRA/NSC have had to ask him to return.

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thats letting a fox into the chicken coop, if true says it all about the NRA, neither national nor organised!