Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by samm1551, Sep 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. samm1551

samm1551 Old-Salt Book Reviewer

My hubby's payslip shows this with a -£123 next to it. He is away at the minute so thought I'd ask if anyone has any idea what that is and what it could be for.

We've just moved from BFG to BFC but weren't charged anything for our old qtr so know it can't be that, unless they have ballsed up.

Cheers guys,

2. When I had NPD on my slip I was told it stood for Net Public Debt. I had it because I wasn't getting billed for my quarter for a few months so ended up owing quite a lot in back payments. It was explained to me that when you owe over a certain amount you are automatically lent the money, which you then repay in maximum instalments of 4 days pay (I think). An improvement on the old system in which it would be recovered in one go leaving you with no money for the month.

As you have just moved I would suspect it is somthing along the same lines.
  3. Sam, it's Non Recurring Public Debt. Usually always recovery action. I doubt it's from accommodation damage as DE now use Defence Bills Agency to chase you for such damages. There are a number of reasons, even Fuel and Light if you were on this scheme in Germany. Don't fret about it, there will be a good reason. If your hubby is happy for you to discuss his pay with his pay office (and has told them this), they will look into it and explain.
  4. Be that as it may, it definately happened to me for having not paid MQ charges between Oct 09 - Jan 10, and it was recovered through a NPD over a series of months in my pay statement. Possibly it is because I am paying MQ charges to live in a rental house, maybe as the actual pile bricks it is not DE the debt is recovered in a different way. Regardless, a mechanism clearly exist for recovering married quarter charges through NPD so I wouldn't rule it out.
  5. I am shocked that this lassie has even opened her husbands pay statement!!!! Is nothing sacred anymore, Next she will expect him to wash up and fetch his own slipers and beer. Feck sake what is the country coming to!!!!
  6. Check your fuel and light statements for the time you were in Germany, when i moved, i got stung for 148 quid, for being billed the wrong amount for fuel and light. Their fault not mine, got billed any way. If a hotel charged you 50 quid a night for a 75 quid room, would they ring you up a year later and ask for the difference, would they bollocks. The only reason the military get away with it is cos our stoppages come out before we get our pay. If we had to pay everything ourselves, it wouldn't happen
  7. samm1551

I didn't open his pay statement, I checked it on my guest armynet account because he gave me permission :p and hubby does do the washing up. Got a call from your wife yesterday asking me to teach her how to get you under the thumb too :p

Everyone else, thanks guys. I shall check with the pay clerk. He is a bit of a mong, but he tries!
  8. I suspect he was being rather tongue in cheek.....
  9. samm1551

He was, and so was I.
  10. You can use your ID card as a credit card in some brothels - this will just be the whore-house recovering payment direct from his wages in the same way as a supermarket recovers payment direct from your bank when you use your credit/debit card. Nothing for you to worry about Sam - in the same way that the army goes on exercise to train for war, he is just practising for the real thing for when he gets home to you.
  11. I bet Wayne Rooney wishes he had thought of that one !!!!!!!