Now were getting on a bit!

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by BiscuitsAB, Aug 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

2. There used to be a website called nostalgia central and it had loads of theme tunes and clips from TV programmes and cartoons the ahem, err, cough, older site members may remember.
    Anyway It's August the Radio 1 roadshow will be around Devon by now, watch out for the hairy cornflake and don't risk anything for a swisket.
  3. Saturday mornings as a nipper down this end of the country, I used to get up just to watch this clip, sad I know.....

4. Swap shop!!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The Tomorrow People
    • Like Like x 1
  6. There used to be some American programme about helicopters I liked that. Let's not forget Space 1999
  7. I remember when we got our first colour TV, getting a fourth channel, remote control etc.
  8. Whirlybirds, see below!

Whirlybirds Theme - YouTube

Nice chopper.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. That's it but I must have seen the repeats
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Captain Scarlet was the best
    • Like Like x 4
  11. OMG, I only had Childrens' Favourites with Uncle Mac (later replaced by Leslie Crowther) on steam radio.

I actually bought a CD off a lot of the old records they played to so I can play them for my daughter.

Years later, sharing a flat in London, TISWAS was essential Saturday morning viewing - followed by Kenny Everett on Capital Radio - before going to the pub.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

We used to hum that every time we took off in a clapped out Sioux, ( Bell 47)
    • Like Like x 1